scary times

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  2

I for one would not blame Mr Trew for doing it. He and his good lady have put there heart,souls and money into this football club and in return all they have had is abuse.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Sounds like rumour mongering to me.

I don't think there is any truth in it at all, just the bookies adjusting there odds to a few bets.

Could also be that hes ready to put it up for sale and not pump anymore funds into the club.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's all speculation, I suspect it's just the source attempting to get some extra hits because it's pretty weak.

Odds doesn't really mean much at all, I also doubt we would get relegated - unless there's more to it. I wouldn't worry at all, as if the club does go up for sale - it may not be negative at all. I respect what Mr Trew has done for the club, yet a didn't course isn't always a bad thing and lets face it, he can't keep throwing money at the club - though as I say I doubt it.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Our odds appear to have halved during the day. But how many people actually bet on relegation from League 2? A small number of bets could have a big impact on the market.  It's not necessarily about administration either - maybe Carlton Palmer has been spotted in the Meadow Lane car park!

I think it's nonsense anyway. Our owners would officially put the club on sale before risking everything and putting us into administration.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

27 minutes ago, notts-joe said:

It's all speculation, I suspect it's just the source attempting to get some extra hits because it's pretty weak.

Odds doesn't really mean much at all, I also doubt we would get relegated - unless there's more to it. I wouldn't worry at all, as if the club does go up for sale - it may not be negative at all. I respect what Mr Trew has done for the club, yet a didn't course isn't always a bad thing and lets face it, he can't keep throwing money at the club - though as I say I doubt it.

Very true. Especially when selecting a new manager for a club. Even more so when someone givespecial you a bum steer and you put bets on!!!know what I mean @Notts-Joe?

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

1 hour ago, pokerpie said:

Could also be that hes ready to put it up for sale and not pump anymore funds into the club.

There might be something in that, but that doesn't necessarily equal administration.

6 minutes ago, hissingdwarf said:

Very true. Especially when selecting a new manager for a club. Even more so when someone givespecial you a bum steer and you put bets on!!!know what I mean @Notts-Joe?

I have no idea what you are referring to, yet if I have ever suggested things based on what I heard - I would always advise to take them as a pinch of salt. ;)

5 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

There might be something in that, but that doesn't necessarily equal administration.

That's a fair point, it could be a number of things.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

4 minutes ago, notts-joe said:

I have no idea what you are referring to, yet if I have ever suggested things based on what I heard - I would always advise to take them as a pinch of salt. ;)

That's a fair point, it could be a number of things.

Any one fancy a drive to the local salt stores to get 50 tonnes in???

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

If that would be true, 100% blame would be on the Trews, how could it not? He hires and fires the managers/staff, he sets the budgets, he manages the finances.... how could this be blamed on anyone else?! 

However, I don't believe Ray would not put is in administration when we won L2 only to put us in it when we return. It would take a massive tantrum, toys out the pram etc... not to mention the damage to his reputation of putting a club in admin when the results weren't going his way. 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

That's a big drop in odds. Wouldn't Mr Trew lose money if the club went into administration? He'd be forced to sell at a knock down price. Wouldn't make much sense.

12 minutes ago, Dripsey3 said:

That's a big drop in odds. Wouldn't Mr Trew lose money if the club went into administration? He'd be forced to sell at a knock down price. Wouldn't make much sense.

Indeed it would, very risky putting a team into administration and I cannot make sense of it.

I do not see why? It would mean the Ladbrokes deal is probably all gone and that was supposed to be planned to see-out our return back to League One. Whereas now, it looks like it may be required to push on next year.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

it does not make sense to me, if the club was going into admin i think it would be someone closer to notts revealing it.

not a tweet promoting odds!!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

If that would be true, 100% blame would be on the Trews, how could it not? He hires and fires the managers/staff, he sets the budgets, he manages the finances.... how could this be blamed on anyone else?! 

However, I don't believe Ray would not put is in administration when we won L2 only to put us in it when we return. It would take a massive tantrum, toys out the pram etc... not to mention the damage to his reputation of putting a club in admin when the results weren't going his way. 

I would be more inclined to believe it if was nearer to the bottom or close to the season ending, yet some mean bugger is trying to ruin our Christmas!

Mrs Trew has spoken and its a noooo

Let's hope that is it settled now then, cheers for that @pokerpie.

Archived