Leyton Orient (H)

Dripsey3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Notts lost 3-1 at Orient back in September. It was a bizarre game to say the least. RM made 9 changes to the starting lineup and Notts went in 1-0 down at half time. He made a couple of changes at half time and Notts levelled within a minute of the restart. Notts looked the more likely to win the game but Orient snatched victory with 2 late goals. 

Orient are 9th in the table. They have 46 points (7 more than Notts). They have scored 46 goals (2 more than Notts) and conceded 45 goals (5 less than Notts). In their last five games, they have beaten Portsmouth, Newport & Wycombe and lost to Northampton and Cambridge. They were humiliated 4-0 at home last Saturday by Northampton, which surprised many people as they had been playing well up to that game. 

Orient are using a 4-5-1 formation. Cisak in goal is a decent keeper at this level but he is prone to the odd error. Their defence is suspect. Baudry is the leader in the back 4, but you always feel you can get at him at CB. Hunt is settling in at RB after his move from Mansfield. Brisley at CB has started only 2 games this season. Shaw at LB is decent. They may make changes after Saturday's thumping, most likely Clohessy coming into the defence. He's a no nonsense defender and will actully make their stronger IMO. 

Orient's midfield has 2 familiar names. Jobi Mcanuff might be 34 now but he's still a threat. Of course they also have player/manager Kevin Nolan to call on. He will start, even though Northampton over ran them in midfield. 

Up front they have 22 goal man Jay Simpson. He's a real handful and scored against Notts back in September. 

Orient will come to play next Saturday. It has all the makings of a thrilling game. I doubt it will finish 0-0. I'll go for a 2-2 draw. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

I feel that there movement through midfield might be too much for us, so I will be interested in our set up to combat this. 

I would drop McLeod for Murray to increase our mobility up front, but he may keep the rest of the line up the same.  Personally I would go for:

Loach

Atkinson, Mackenzie, Hollis, Adams

Thompson

Noble, Aborah, Campbell 

Stead, Murray

I'll gamble and say we will win 2-1 if we score first, but fear it may be the Alamo again.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I think to avoid another Wimbledon debacle, we need to match their midfield 5

So with that in mind, Piethagoram's theory to deliver a comprehensive win:

Loach

Atkinson, Mackenzie, Hollis, Adams

Thompson

Campbell ,Noble, Aborah, Valencic

Stead

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I just hope we play as a solid unit.

The defence still requires sorting, along with the defending from those who should be supporting but provided we don't forget the basics it should be a good game. Orient won't want to play hoofball, they'll look to play quick and on the floor. If Banton starts, I hope he takes his scoring boots because we can't afford to miss open nets - those are opportunities we just can't pass on.

Despite the victory last night, I am still nervous - probably 75%.

JF needs to get a home win under his belt, Orient will be a tough test. I expect fireworks and possible red card(s).

@notts-joe Agree about your comment about the defence. Here are some comments from the Hartlepool manager... (courtesy of the Hartlepool Mail)

“If we scored I felt Notts County had a soft underbelly and they did,” said Hignett.

“We pressed and pressed, played some decent stuff, got back to 2-2 and then I felt we would win it.

“But Notts County have quality up front and Stead scored again which was disappointing defensively.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

Orient are an enigma....they were actually 0-0 at half-time to top-placed Northampton.....but fell apart 2nd half.

Up until that game, they were on a decent run and in the play-offs?

This match is a tough one to predict but with 3 matches against top-10 sides, we are about to find out if JF is learning "on-the-job" training

One win and a draw from the next 3 would be a decent haul IMO.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

It seems so long since the Wimbledon game that I've forgotten, almost, how bad it was. Hopefully another step forward Saturday and fingers crossed Notts set up to win rather than 'not lose'.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

I'm hopeful that its like watching Scotland on Saturday......(bear with me here)

We (Scotland) always seem to deliver our better performances against the top teams and, now that Notts are moving into a few games against higher league teams, I'm hoping that the players find a level above recent weeks. Wimbledon was a disappointment, there is no getting away from that but it was also week 2 and hopefully just a blip.

McLeod is due a goal and , with two games under his belt and a miss during the week, Banton also has a chance to make amends if selected.

Orient got beat 4 off a Northampton team who are on a good roll so maybe not the best indicator, that said, if you score an early goal against a a defence that shipped 4 the previous week then their confidence can (hopefully) disappear early.

The main thing here is the fans in my opinion. This for me is about a win...the wimbledon monkey needs off his back and thrown out of the ground in order that , at the very least, some sections can get on board until the end of the season as a minimum.

Wind aside , by all accounts, the Hartlepool fans made quite an atmosphere at Victoria park which spurred them on and I hope that Notts fans can get Meadow Lane rocking on Saturday.

I do worry that certain sections ( and I believe its a minority) will still wait for a negative and react but nevertheless, a positive result and a great atmosphere can go some way to getting everyone looking forward instead of back

COYP

@Piethagoram hadn't seen that one but would have been strange timing given that the manager only brought him back two weeks previously from Mansfield?

To be fair though , there must have been some agent contact  or enquiries for his name to be brought up in Edinburgh.

@NewNottsFan agreed that's it was more likely to have arisen through agents conversations. A key point for tomorrow is how our full backs deal with Dean Cox, who has always impressed. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

I confess to being pessimistic about tomorrow. @Blackville and I will be there but with half our concentration on what happens at Borussia Park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ivansneck said:

I confess to being pessimistic about tomorrow. @Blackville and I will be there but with half our concentration on what happens at Borussia Park.

I must admit to being apprehensive, only because of a nervousness about fans worrying about Wimbledon and jumping the gun...that said..980 still traveled to York which is a massive positive and an early good start tomorrow might just get some momentum into the 90 mins

I thought Jon Stead spoke well today in the press conference and admits that they are getting sorted but there is a way to go... and that's to be expected.

Players like him are the ones who can really lift things and make it happen for the rest of the team

No predictions for me this time but a win would be a big step in the right direction going into a few tough games

COYP

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

A draw wouldn't be a disaster if we play reasonably well.

@NewNottsFan Agreed that Jon Stead gave a good interview. It was interesting to hear about what Jamie said about Izzy, that he makes runs that are unseen. That to me is the crux of the matter. A more incisive passing midfield is what is actually missing, especially at home. Even Jon hinted at a more defensive set up at home, so will not expect any real changes from Tuesday's team.

Having a meal in the Wheelers Suite tomorrow, so looking forward to a return at home to winning ways. COYP

• Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

What's everyones score predictions? I'm optimistic like usual, Jamie has won 3/5 4 of which have been away, we really need an early goal, Roy will probably make some sort of mistake as much as I love him, Izale really needs a goal and Stanley needs a game.

3-1 Notts! Upiessss!

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

I'll go for 1-1.

Sent from my crappy old desktop using my fingers

I am going for a narrow Orient win...3-2...followed by the "normal meltdown" and calls for JF, RT, the CEO....and the Kop catering staff, to all be rounded up and sent to Oymyakon in Siberia.

You will not find this holiday destination in the latest Thomson brochure....it's claim to fame, is that in 1926 it recorded the balmy temp of -71C .....or -96F...yikes, thermal undies anyone?

Sent at 5.30 am using one arm from underneath a duvet

ps......I need a coffee, but my manservant has had the weekend off.....grrrr

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

@NewNottsFan actually the reverse is true - I think I read here that we have won a grand total of one match against teams in the top half of the table this season. We haven't really raised our game against the higher-placed teams for years, and that needs to change quickly if we're going to finish any higher than 14th.

It's a good job we had the Hartlepool match in midweek, that might have given the team a bit of confidence going into this. Obviously I'd love a win, but wouldn't be devastated with a draw.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think the game's got 'draw' all over it.

I just hope we don't take a comfortable lead and then sit off them, or the reverse we allow them to dominate - forcing ourselves to clinch a point. I would love to say we will win but I honestly think that will be difficult. Orient are a bigger test compared to recent games, they have a decent side and some very good players for this division. Jamie would be making a mistake to play defence or think we could bombard their win.

Direct play to day lads, play it quickly and through the middle - in the right area release to the wins or just go route one.

COYP!

@notts-joe "we take a comfortable lead"....have you been drinking again?

The only comfortable lead we will be taking.....is beating them onto the pitch by sneaking out of the dressing-room!

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

Just heading out now, looking forward to the game, Notts have a point to prove after the Wimbledon match, Come on you Pies!...

Archived