20 members have voted

1. 1. Trews out?

• Yes
    • No

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Would we be better off with new owners?

I have no confidence anymore in the Trew's handling of ON field matters. Off the field they have been fantastic for the club IMO.

However, it could be out of the frying pan into the fire if there was a change (Charlton are the latest example of this).

What do you think?

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

It seems there is too much interference from the owners, I say seems because I don't know for sure. We haven't got the manager right for a few seasons. That's another concern. So much good done, but lots of work to be done. Start by getting rid of Guy Branston.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,766
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

#Trews In    At least we have owners with honest intentions. Pavis had put the club up for sale for years without any real buyers.

@Super_Danny_Allsopp as if there are buyers out there (interested in Notts) with the substantial cash to make a difference?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Just now, Piethagoram said:

@Super_Danny_Allsopp as if there are buyers out there (interested in Notts) with the substantial cash to make a difference?

I don't think it necessarily needs a lot of cash to make a semi-successful team. A return to League One would at this stage be a success. 

I hope the club will be sold by the current owners, and I hope rumours are true regarding a potential takeover. This is solely because I believe the current owners will lead the club further downwards, both in league position and fan attendance. 

@Super_Danny_Allsopp I too feel disenfranchised from Notts at the moment. Lack of Bench emails, lack of creative midfield to get excited about, lack of substitutions etc... but not so long ago we had Storrie and Scardino then potentially Bhatia and Strang (property developers), the Trust, ...  I would rather have the Trews than going into the unknown. Sorry if that is not what you want to hear

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

It's difficult isn't it. To a large extent I agree with both of you, @Super_Danny_Allsopp and @Piethagoram. we're between a rock and a hard place. I voted 'Trews out' because I think the relationship between them and the majority of the fans is now broken beyond repair.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Just now, Piethagoram said:

@Super_Danny_Allsopp I too feel disenfranchised from Notts at the moment. Lack of Bench emails, lack of creative midfield to get excited it, lack of substitutions etc... but not so long ago we had Storrie and Scardino then potentially Bhatia and Strang (property developers), the Trust, ...  I would rather have the Trews than going into the unknown. Sorry if that is not what you want to hear

I'm under no illusion that unfortunately some supporters of clubs have to accept their owners regardless of how good or bad they are, for fear of not having a club to support. It's a sad reflection on football, really, but that's the reality of things. 

I will continue to support the club regardless of who the owners are at that time. However, do I have a hope that someone will buy the club in order for the club to progress? Absolutely, I do. 

The question really is, can you see the club progressing under current owners? My answer is no.

@ivansneck In all honesty, Jamie's lack of media skills hasn't helped matters. Also, in Julian Winters, we now have an "invisible" CEO...even more invisible than Rodwell, and thats saying something!!!! I mostly fear for a lack of "vision", having been promised total football under Ricardo and now faced with Alan Smith stumbling around midfield instead of a go getter/ creative  type of player. Maybe the Trews miscalculated the level of disfranchisement..but the "selling" of Jamie's abilities to the supporters fell far short of what we expected. He has been left to hang out and dry, which is unfair on him

@Super_Danny_Allsopp I think the Trews need to do something...the Notts own media people running the  profile of the club has died a death...Jamie has got to help himself to bring supporters on board...including just what is happening with Stanley..who appears to still, as an educated guess, be sulking over Ricardo's departure. Swerts departure when he wanted to stay and fight, too could have been better handled. ( Swerts or Smith..I know who I rather have)

I agree to disagree with SDA and @ivansneck... there are no guarantees how good or bad new owners will be. The one thing with the Trews, they do really care about Notts, and for that reason, I voted Trews In.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I voted no.

Simply because it's not for me to say, yet I can understand how people feel - I would be concerned about who may come in. Until there's a solid person wanting to invest, I really won't engage in this but if someone who's credible (no digs - I simply mean no Munto type scam) then I may change my view based on that.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I Voted No. 

Same as Joe, As long as there is a Real Investment plan i'd stick with the Trews. 

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

31 minutes ago, Canadian said:

I Voted No. 

Same as Joe, As long as there is a Real Investment plan i'd stick with the Trews. 

If they plan to match 'Real' then Trews in!

• Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

There were buyers out there for Bristol rovers, I'm sure the oldest football league club can find a buyer ?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

I voted no (Trews In).

Let's face it, we're not in debt, we're not in immediate threat of relegation (playoffs are still somewhat feasible, although it's not going to happen this year)... yes, I'm very bitter about how we've been messed around regarding our last few managers (Curle, Kiwomya, Derry, Moniz and now Fullarton) - Moniz was the only one that inspired even a bit of confidence, although in hindsight he was always going to be as out of place in League Two as a suit in a sauna. Curle's experience at the time of hiring wasn't befitting of a club in the top half of League One, while all the others were complete amateurs at the time of hiring. And we have fallen from grace thanks to these appointments. But at the same time, things could be much, much worse. I will give them until the end of next season for tangible improvements to be made (top seven finish next year), otherwise I will be willing to twist instead of sticking.

• Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

@ivansneck In all honesty, Jamie's lack of media skills hasn't helped matters. Also, in Julian Winters, we now have an "invisible" CEO...even more invisible than Rodwell, and thats saying something!!!! I mostly fear for a lack of "vision", having been promised total football under Ricardo and now faced with Alan Smith stumbling around midfield instead of a go getter/ creative  type of player. Maybe the Trews miscalculated the level of disfranchisement..but the "selling" of Jamie's abilities to the supporters fell far short of what we expected. He has been left to hang out and dry, which is unfair on him

We are still yet to hear Julian winters footballing plan, the only time we have heard from him is when Jamie was appointed.

To reply to someone else's point on the media team, it also seems they have disappeared with winters, there's no emails or initiatives to get fans excited, even the 'meet the manager' was a complete flop.

In terms of the trews I'd be interested to see a graph about support before they came, I think if we could find the right buyer they should depart knowing the club is in safe hands, but based on the past I can't see it getting better, but it could be worse (Charlton athletic)

Trews half in half out

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

I voted no because there isn't an undecided button.

They have done so much good for this club behind the scenes and that needs some appreciation, but up front with manager recruitment, that has been appalling! They need to leave the footballing side of things to the professionals and stop interviewing managers for Pete's sake, identify somebody and go and get them.

@Fozzy They did "leave the footballing side of things to the professionals"..well, they did, i.e. Julian Winter...who obviously had a big say in the decision making.

I am pretty sure that Ray Trew was there during the interviews and I'm sure he would have had a large say in who they picked.

@Fozzy The paymaster will have the final say, but was pointing out that Ray had a "footballing professional" in Julian Winters, who was a major part of the decision making process. 

4 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@Fozzy The paymaster will have the final say, but was pointing out that Ray had a "footballing professional" in Julian Winters, who was a major part of the decision making process. 

You may well have hit the nail on the head there, the paymaster.

The only time we have heard from Winters was when Fullarton was appointed, nothing since, no support at all of the manager which I find pretty unusual. No mention of a number 2 being appointed, or how far down the line we are in getting one, it is pretty ridiculous that he is 6 games in and still hasn't been able to name one. Nobody knows what Coppell is doing there either, not even the media.

Their silence is hanging Fullarton out to dry at the moment and I feel sorry for him, he appears to be the only one trying to deal with the flack and is struggling to cope.

I think Patrick Nelson was a good CEO, he made himself high profile with interviews on Radio 5 and always available on Radio Nottingham. There were always explanations for decisions and supporters had a full understanding of decision making and also the financial constraints which could steer such decisions. Rodwell always seemed a reluctant guy to make himself available, as a club mouthpiece. Now we have an apparent faceless CEO, who only appeared on Jamie's appointment. No matter how good he is as a CEO, there is no indication of having a pro-active public face promoting Notts County, which is an integral part of the job. Such silence, is leaving Jamie exposed at the very time he needs help and support

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

Mr and Mrs Trew to stay.......employing a decent manager would be a huge plus, in fact, it would be fan-dabby-dozy....I might win some money for a change....grrrr

This is actually a simple game of "boot the ball in the oppo's onion-bag".......nobody is dealing here in the complexities of World Poverty or Global Warming ffs

............oh, and stop them having a "pop" at supporters even if they feel the need to retaliate!

ps that includes their offspring!!

I am off back to the Climate Change Forum....toodle pip

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

I voted no.

Off the pitch, it's clear to any visitor to Meadow Lane what good committed owners can do. Previously unloved and neglected parts of the ground have finally been spruced up. The corporate facilities are not really my world, but the increase in sponsorship over the last few years speaks for itself. They are honest and want the best for the club, which hasn't always been the case with previous owners, as we all know. After the empty promises of the past, it's refreshing to have owners who actually get things done.

However, the Trews really need to rethink their management of the team. There have been many rumours about interference from above, which seem quite plausible when you hear them talking about individual players in the press and in forums. That's nothing particularly controversial in itself, but the Trews are the players' employers, which puts quite a different slant on things.

At the same time it's understandable that they don't want to hand over full financial control of the club to a manager they hardly know. An intermediary between the board and the manager is a solution here, but we need someone experienced in football management to act as director of football - a Warnock, Sturrock or Hart-type figure. This is clearly the idea behind Branston, but I doubt he's experienced enough for the role. A quality manager would be keener to work under someone who knows how to build a squad and already has an understanding of how to be a football manager.

Then there's the manager situation. People are fed up of us building an unbalanced squad, making a mess of the season and having to find a new manager year after year, and frankly I don't have much hope that next season will be different. Next time we badly need to think in the box and opt for experience. We won't find the next Nigel Adkins - he was extraordinary because he was so unusual and seemingly came from nowhere. We are one botched summer, one bad managerial appointment away from the Conference.

So to sum up, I support the Trews but believe they need to have a thorough rethink and maybe take a step back from on-field matters.

Archived