Fed up

Veggie pie

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  65
  • Days Won:  1

I'm fed up because we keep losing, I'm fed up with our style of play, I'm fed up because we can't even score a goal and I am as fed up as anybody with the mess that the club has found themselves in giving Jamie Fullarton the managers job when it was obvious that other candidates were far more suitable, but I am equally fed up with some of the nonsense written as to why it happened, yes criticism is deserved and as fans we have a right to question decisions made but fans should still be able to do this in a respectable way and not go way over the top, we all get frustrated but it's only a game and yes I really did say that! (Ps not aimed at this site, but this is only one I post on)

• Content Count:  71
  • Days Won:  2

The problem I think boils down to is price. We are paying league one prices for a league two product and a very poor one at that. Ray and Aileen Trew have effectively stuck two fingers up at the customers. Imagine a business like Tesco, do you think they'd alienate their customers on purpose? Ok price wise they may not meet customer expectations but I doubt the chairman of Tesco would repeatedly call its customers morons. Ray Trew has zero experience in public customer facing business, he is relying on Notts fans still turning up but honestly, I think we've finally had enough.

Again, back to the Tesco case, they took it for granted shoppers would keep coming in except when Aldi got its act together and was found to have a similar product for much cheaper, people voted with their wallets. What I'm saying is, people are paying too higher price for an appalling product and get called morons to boot. He's right though, we are morons for putting money in his pocket for him to take us to a league two relegation scrap. He is out of his depth in this area of business and his histrionics are to blame for the malaise around the club. 

He'd be better off letting a real CEO run things and keep him and his family out of decision making, emotion is not a good starting point

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,909
  • Days Won:  162

i am fed up with everything and how the owners blame the fans.

i will not be going to any further home games because i work hard for my money, i want the players to work hard to earn theirs and for the club to appreciate it. i do not see why i should pay to watch something i do not get any value from. i did decide i would try to stick it out but i am that fed up, i refuse to try now.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

i am fed up with everything and how the owners blame the fans.

i will not be going to any further home games because i work hard for my money, i want the players to work hard to earn theirs and for the club to appreciate it. i do not see why i should pay to watch something i do not get any value from. i did decide i would try to stick it out but i am that fed up, i refuse to try now.

Can't blame you. We're still going because we've already paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  65
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for the replies guys, it's the 1st ever topic I have started so appreciate it, the point I was trying to make was I think when it comes to criticising that is fine, we pay our money and are entitled to do so, but keep any criticism constructive and not just aim insult after insult, some of what has been written and said is embarrassing and totally unneccessary.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,909
  • Days Won:  162

@ivansneck when the club is sold, i will seriously consider purchasing a season ticket to show my support. i always get behind notts but these days i wonder why i bother.

4 minutes ago, Veggie pie said:

Thanks for the replies guys, it's the 1st ever topic I have started so appreciate it, the point I was trying to make was I think when it comes to criticising that is fine, we pay our money and are entitled to do so, but keep any criticism constructive and not just aim insult after insult, some of what has been written and said is embarrassing and totally unneccessary.

you should start more, good points to discuss :)

i agree about the insults, i do not read many because i mostly stick to pon. the official facebook page is plagued by spam, as is the fan group. i do not read MAD very often but i think its pit for abusers to lurk and hide. i cant say i have read anything that goes over the line here, most seem too polite to actually respond personal towards others but it does stop one person who should not do it for no reason but has pops at members here.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

I am not fed up, I have pretty much given up.

The abuse on social media can be a joke at times, with images being personal and unfriendly but this is not related so much to Notts but football in general.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm more tired than 'fed up', It's going to take more than this season to test my faith. As Elite once described Notts, I'm bombproof. I just need to recall words my Grandfather once hushed "Be prepared for disappointment", okay he didn't say that but in my impressionable mind - being told we had no money, no hopes and little chance to reach the Premier League it does seem very similar.

I just hope we can keep together as a fan base, drop this them vs us attitude amongst ourselves.

Fans should be united as one.

Not like the Manchester United playing squad of the 2015/16 season.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Veggie pie said:

Agree totally that's why I joined this site , some humour in some postings makes it a good read , don't see abuse unlike other sites , well done PoN and all its members , long may it continue 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

4 hours ago, allardyces tash said:

I am not fed up, I have pretty much given up.

Agreed. Haven't given up on Notts totally, but I've definitely given up on the owners and the current manager,

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

I am probably at my lowest point supporting Notts after these last few weeks, not even the trust years have disappointed me so much and I am willing to say this is turning out to be the worst season I have ever known in nearly 40 years of supporting Notts. OK, the sides during the Trust years were dire, but we accepted that because we knew we were skint.

This season we were promised so much and the squad did look half decent, but it just was not working with Moniz and it most likely wasn't all his own doing. We as supporters then received a huge slap in the face during January with the appointment of yet another manager with no experience, who has since proved the supporters right with a complete inability to manage a professional football team.

Why did they not just keep their promise and appoint a manger with experience? All of this mess could have been avoided if they had, but then hindsight is a wonderful thing, except for the fans it wasn't hindsight, we knew from day one of JF's appointment that it would come to this.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

Just got back from the Belize "run"........2.30am here and it took me a couple of hours to catch up on all the comments, e-mails etc

I am the same as many on here.....not surprised at the Yeovil result,  so not really angry or upset.....just resigned to a slow fizzle-out to the end of the season.

My only amazement, is that JF is still here, so I guess the owners feel the same as us.....a resignation at our current status, and a belief we will sneak a win or two from somewhere to avoid relegation.

A sad end, to what started out as, a hopeful season.

• Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

I haven't supported notts for years and years like many but I am also tired, the abuse is out of order and I myself can get abit annoyed at times and moan amongst my friends but personal abuse is out of order, I am however looking forward to going down to the lane, the football is dire but for once the fans are together and there is actually an atmosphere, I think this season is a culmination of badness that has been brewing for a while and many have had enough, but we are notts county, We move on!

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

I'm fed up too, hate the turmoil at the Club, and a minority of fans feeling the need to abuse the Trews and their children. Just want the fans to get behind the team and be the 12th man again for Notts County. Said this on another thread. Just lets all get behind Notts County and SUPPORT them. 

COYP!

• Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

What did we ever do to deserve Jamie Fullarton? The guy seems like an egomaniac to me, talks down to everyone, thinks he's bigger than the club, players and us the fans. I really hope we can survive this storm and stay up this season and not turn into another Lincoln City. I want us to actually have ago at Exeter take the fight to them and play football like we did at home in the first half of the season. If we lose again surely someone's got to take action and sack him? Give him an assistant anything just to keep us up..

• Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

The first half of the season seems a long time ago!

That win at Huddersfield and the performance at villa seem as though they never happened the way this season has turned out, the defence was dodgy in both of those games and if the defence was better we could have possibly beaten Villa and not be in this mess we are in now, how has it all gone so wrong

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

The first half of the season seems a long time ago!

That win at Huddersfield and the performance at villa seem as though they never happened the way this season has turned out, the defence was dodgy in both of those games and if the defence was better we could have possibly beaten Villa and not be in this mess we are in now, how has it all gone so wrong

A loss of nerve in the boardroom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

We just need the takeover to happen before next season starts. That would restore my full faith and interest, I have been trying to call Ray to offer him fifty pence but the lines either engaged or rings out.

• Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

For 50p you only get half the club.....can I suggest you pick the Kop end.......the other end already gets a bit soggy even when there is a bit of mild drizzle, and when Global Warming kicks in big-time it will be 7 feet under water.

On your half, you could build a few pontoons and rent them out to carp fishermen!!

Archived