Writing to 92 teams asking why you should support them

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

A potential supporter decided to write to all 92 professional league teams in an attempt to see which one would explain to him, why he should support that certain club - however out of the 92, only 10 replied! Was our beloved Notts County one of them? Have a read...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/fan-asked-92-english-clubs-8334621#ICID=sharebar_twitter

This reminds me of when I was about 9, I wrote to every league team (at the time) and I was overwhelmed by the response. However, I was asking questions regarding a school project at the time and had asked clubs if they would send me a signed photograph of their star player or manager.

Only two teams failed to contact me, one was Blackburn and the other *whistles....

The darkside wasn't that team.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

i have to say i liked some of the replies, the generic ones read quite poorly but at least they bothered.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Excellent idea! I think we should send one in case he has second thoughts.

Dear Mr Karabeg,

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, our club officials were all busy fitting the rotating door on the manager's office when we received your email.

Notts County are the oldest professional football club in the world, so at one point (about 150 years ago) we were one of the top names in world football. In 1903 Juventus were so in awe of us that they pinched our famous black and white stripes. We once beat Barcelona away. We are responsible for the invention of the penalty kick. More recently, our club has been the home of famous names including Tommy Lawton, Richard Liburd and Balint Bajner. We were famous in Hungary once.

Some of the clubs that replied to you have been in the same division forever and are bastions of stability. BORING! We're not boring. We have been promoted and relegated 30 times, more than any other club. We had 42 managers last season alone, one of whom allegedly refused to speak to players who were born on a Tuesday. Rumour has it there is a bomb buried under our pitch. In 2010 our club was taken over by a fake sheikh who claimed to be from the Qatari royal family but who was actually a fat bloke called Russell.

We hope that settles it and look forward to your undying support.

Yours sincerely,

Mr D Sausage

Long-suffering Notts County fan

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  2

Why would Notts bother to write to a potential fan when they cannot be ar*sed to inform their own fans?

Interesting story, its good to see some lower league clubs taking the right kind of attitude towards it.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

I can think of a thousand and one reasons for someone NOT to pick Notts County given how the last few seasons have panned out.

Reasons to pick Notts County?

1 - "The world's oldest Football League club" (that has not yet actually been relegared from the Football League even though it came close half a dozen times in the last 30 or so years including last season)

2 - The Juventus link

And... erm...

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I could give potential fans reasons to support Notts, however its down to the club to convince them to remain supporters and that is the tricky thing!

Archived