Scunny vs. Notts

ivansneck

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

@Blackville and I will be there as guests of Scunny, so we'll have to be on our best behaviour!

I'm hoping for a few changes from the Glovers game, goalkeeper for a start and Eddy to centre back.

O@Connor in midfield if he's fit, and Forte and a pacy player up front - Snijders??

• Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

@Blackville and I will be there as guests of Scunny, so we'll have to be on our best behaviour!

I'm hoping for a few changes from the Glovers game, goalkeeper for a start and Eddy to centre back.

O@Connor in midfield if he's fit, and Forte and a pacy player up front - Snijders??

O'Connor won't be fit im afraid, he's likely to start on Saturday though! And i think Oliver should start up front with Forte myself and Eddie might be even worse than Hollis so id play Dickinson there

I think this game is a massive opportunity for us, scunny aren't a good team and are definitely beatable, its an opportunity to go through and get one of the big boys like a Newcastle or a palace and get a good payday, on the other hand we could get another league 1 team and go further in this competition.

I think as long as we are tight at the back we have a real chance of winning

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

I see it more as a timely opportunity to rejig the lineup and mould our players into a team without any pressure on or points at stake. A dress rehearsal for the Stevenage match. If we win, great!

I wouldn't drop the keeper after one match. Even some of our best keepers made bad mistakes occasionally. I'd give him the opportunity to bed in.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

5 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

And i think Oliver should start up front with Forte myself and Eddie.

That's a very interesting 4-man attack!

Unstoppable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collin, tootle, Dicko, smith, Duffy, Holliday, Oliver, rodman, Burke, stead, audel.

Stanley on bench but no Forte anywhere....

Hollis not Holliday I hate predictive text

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've seen a couple of videos which suggest we are knocking the ball around, however these last for around 2-3 minutes and you have no idea what happened during the rest of the time (unless you are there). Yet being 0-0 at half time is good, hopefully the shock and disappoint of losing the opening fixture will push the players onto keeping an high level of performance. Looking forward to hear the views of those present at the game. COYP

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

Another 2-0 away loss! I blame the red shirts, going to be a shocking crowd on Saturday for our first home game of the season, when will the misery end!!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727

I'm sorry but everyone crying over a loss Scunthorpe are a league higher have better players have been in the championship to.

No oconner no forte no Stan until Hollis is scrapped we will concede goals and Audel we need a CB who can defend besides Duffy.

also we had chances and we took them all the way yes we lost 2-0 but not every game will go to 120 mins least we didn't let 2 goals in 5 seconds.

Id rather lose in the cup and fix it with a win on Saturday 

We more than matched them for 90mins, Oliver played outstanding and we should of had a penalty in injury time, we gave them too much time on tjr ball but they are a league above so they should realistically be beating us

• Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

Not crying mate, been through it to many times before, but this run of form including the end of last season is starting to have a big effect on supporters interest in Notts, and lads and family I have been going down the lane with for many years, can't be arsed to go Saturday, and I find it all very sad!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727

2 minutes ago, wacky said:

Not crying mate, been through it to many times before, but this run of form including the end of last season is starting to have a big effect on supporters interest in Notts, and lads and family I have been going down the lane with for many years, can't be arsed to go Saturday, and I find it all very sad!

everyone has to realise Sheridan can't change much with what he has.

Til mcleod goes we can't bring in the CB we desperately need or a RB we matched em for 110 mins we also had no forte who adds a bit of pace for me Sheridan is still trying things.

I believe Stevenage at home will be more of a better game and hopefully oconner adds that quality and bite in the middle 

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

23 minutes ago, wacky said:

Another 2-0 away loss! I blame the red shirts, going to be a shocking crowd on Saturday for our first home game of the season, when will the misery end!!

If you say it often enough it might come true. I don't understand the negativity, after what sounded like a better performance tonight, before we've even played one home match.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

210 mins of football. No goals. That's a bit concerning, especially as it looks like Notts will have to score at least 2 to win games, at least until a proper CB is signed.

• Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

7 hours ago, Modern Notts Fan 🔥 said:

everyone has to realise Sheridan can't change much with what he has.

Til mcleod goes we can't bring in the CB we desperately need or a RB we matched em for 110 mins we also had no forte who adds a bit of pace for me Sheridan is still trying things.

I believe Stevenage at home will be more of a better game and hopefully oconner adds that quality and bite in the middle 

We've got the perfect right wing back in Jordan Richards and Tootle plays there normally, we need two CB's and to play McLoed as we aren't gonna score with the others. 

It won't happen though as JS needs McLoed gone from the wage bill

• Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+
3 hours ago, Northants Pie said:

We've got the perfect right wing back in Jordan Richards and Tootle plays there normally, we need two CB's and to play McLoed as we aren't gonna score with the others. 

It won't happen though as JS needs McLoed gone from the wage bill

Izzy will score goals if he's started. That will attract the interest of other clubs which makes it more likely he'll move on. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

it seems when we break, we fall and concede. very disappointed after being proud to remain at 0-0 for such a long time.

i am losing interest already in notts with all the things i am seeing said on here and social media, if the players want fans to lose interest by fighting amongst themselves than i wont watch.

• Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Dripsey3 said:

210 mins of football. No goals. That's a bit concerning, especially as it looks like Notts will have to score at least 2 to win games, at least until a proper CB is signed.

although the defense looked solid

the first goal was Burks's fault and the second was tired legs

I've seen quite a few people criticise Tootle but i felt it was between him and Oliver for Motm, tootle won most of the tackles he went in for and got himself about, but you can't expect yo have a thriving midfield when smith hasn't got the legs anymore so tootle has to do the work of 2 midfielders. Oliver was very good, got himself about and caused problems but why stead was next to him i will never know, surely you do it the old skool way, having a big lad that can be a target man and a little lad that will run through a brick wall, i was still very nervous whenever they attacked us

Archived