Julian Jenner

Piethagoram

I hope it's more a case of him wanting to extend his football career for a year or two rather than failing to prepare adequately for life after football.

For a bit of context, an amateur contract isn't necessarily peanuts. In Germany all footballers below the third division receive an amateur contract regardless of what they earn.

• 1 year later...

http://www.fcboshuizen.nl/ton-en-julian-jenner-strijken-neer-bij-ambitieus-fc-boshuizen/

Ton and Julian Jenner are going to work at FC Boshuizen. The duo will be responsible for the newly formed Saturday branch and wants to help the club to get youth football off the ground at the Boshuizerkade. Chairman Joop von Oven: ,, The club has been training toppers for years and we have been doing well in the first division for some time now. The main class has been smelled before and to that level we want to grow again at a certain moment. But that is not the only spearhead. The club has to become a real family club again and with the expertise and ambition of the Jenners we have every confidence that we will take steps again. With youth, in all age categories, we want to work towards a healthy future. Father and son Jenner have proven not only to have an eye for talents, but for them football should also give pleasure to less talented players. Everyone is welcome, boys and girls. We are delighted that we will work together. "

Ton and Julian Jenner have their own Football Academy and have great plans for the Leiden club. In chorus: ,, We work according to the Wiel Coerver method and want to set up a solid youth training here. Creativity and gaming pleasure are paramount. You can dribble again. We will organize an Open Day and we will continue to unfold our plans. FC Boshuizen is going to be a club with prestige again. This is important for this district, but also for the city of Leiden. We are happy to contribute and are full for this beautiful challenge. "

Text: http://www.leidenamateurvoetbal.nl

Sounds like he is getting on with his career, the positive thing I find most interesting is to see an ex professional footballer focus on youngsters having "gaming pleasure". You have to enjoy football to develop and some coaches kill this in young talent.

wow that first post does seem sad, i dont think it sounds remotely positive but at least hes now focusing on coaching. hopefully this can develop into a healthy living for him because he was not the worst player we had and i always wish people well.

On 9/7/2016 at 13:50, DangerousSausage said:

I hope it's more a case of him wanting to extend his football career for a year or two rather than failing to prepare adequately for life after football.

For a bit of context, an amateur contract isn't necessarily peanuts. In Germany all footballers below the third division receive an amateur contract regardless of what they earn.

The "furnished home for my family" is the part I struggle with, yes a club could pay for the rent but it seems an unrealistic request for such a player with a low stock value. If the contract amateur's get isn't peanuts, he could pay for the home out of that. It does seem more saddening the more I think about it.

At least he's starting his own football school. 

Archived