Rumours told to me today

ivansneck

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Chaos starts at the top , is driven by those at the top or it would be sorted by those , yes , at the top , the club is so unstable , who should sort it ?? 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

20 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

@Super_Danny_Allsopp I am seriously worried about relegation. Sheridan's misspent the budget though, that's not the Trews fault. Just what Crossley is doing as a coach is also of concern.

If you were to list reasons why Notts have been utterly dire in the past, what, 5-7 years, I think 'Trew' would be closer to the top and 'Crossley' wouldn't even feature as a foot note.

All these managers failing at Notts, yet doing well elsewhere. Think about what they all have in common, begins with T ends with w. 

• Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

2 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

All these managers failing at Notts, yet doing well elsewhere. Think about what they all have in common, begins with T ends with w. 

It certainly makes you wonder, but I think it's too simplistic to think that a change of owner will solve all, or even most of our many problems.  Look at it this way - this season Ray Trew has appointed a manager with a good pedigree for our level which most fans were happy with, and provided a budget that will at least be the equal of most clubs in this league.  In other words, he's done what he could be reasonably expected to do.  Why it's all gone **** up yet again I just don't know.  

RT has backed managers that is a fact I don't think I could argue with , for me it's other issues with the owner , the breakdown of relations between owner and fans and the stand off since , the desire to want to sell and the fans hope that he does is unbridgeable , other matters like bills , the silence on serious matters from the top , the club not seeming to have direction , or a plan,  which is  something needed from the top , that's I guess where my criticism would be . 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

It certainly makes you wonder, but I think it's too simplistic to think that a change of owner will solve all, or even most of our many problems.  Look at it this way - this season Ray Trew has appointed a manager with a good pedigree for our level which most fans were happy with, and provided a budget that will at least be the equal of most clubs in this league.  In other words, he's done what he could be reasonably expected to do.  Why it's all gone **** up yet again I just don't know.  

What you say is undeniable. But, does he let them get on with the job unhindered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

6 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

Stability, we don't have this and I fail to see how we can gain any form of it unless the club can find new owners.

The reason its gone backwards is because we as a club jump the gun, I used to see the phrase 'papering of the cracks' but this literally sums up this season. A club that declared its desire to locate and sign leaders on the pitch - pretty much failed with this regard but we don't have any proper leadership in the boardroom.

This is summed up by a CEO who is unable to give us fans the answers he probably wishes he could do, along with the solution to the money matters - does he pay the bills? Can he pay creditors on behalf of Notts County?

5 hours ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

RT has backed managers that is a fact I don't think I could argue with , for me it's other issues with the owner , the breakdown of relations between owner and fans and the stand off since , the desire to want to sell and the fans hope that he does is unbridgeable , other matters like bills , the silence on serious matters from the top , the club not seeming to have direction , or a plan,  which is  something needed from the top , that's I guess where my criticism would be . 

Why did we blow so much of the Ladbrokes deal last season? I know many who believe this was thrown down the drain and spent up back then, in fact its a question often overlooked when asked by my dad.

See this is what I'm trying to say, there's always talk of 'plans' - yet we came into a good sponsorship deal (based on things said).

How was it phrased one of the biggest for the club? And yet we seem to have spent it as quickly as possible. The club clearly needs to learn to walk under our current owners, rather than running.

5 hours ago, ivansneck said:

What you say is undeniable. But, does he let them get on with the job unhindered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many managers have suggested the answer to this question.

I can name five who have made comments (before being fired apprentice style).

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,766
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

The failure of managers can be broadly put down to recruitment. Out of the 92 clubs, we must be number 1 for recruitment failure.

A simplistic overview this season, is to match our players on an individual basis to those of the opposition. Are we discernibly better? The answer is no every time.

If I was chairman, I would take soundings and probably got and get Accrington's scouting network for a start. They are doing nicely with a near zero budget...

Some managers have made some absolute clangers of recruitment decision making.

Craig Short... Ben Burgess, rumoured to have signed without a medical

Chris Kiwomya.. Danny Haynes... a track record of hamstrings 

Chris Curle... Enoch

Derry..Banjer, presumably left Ipswich on Championship wages?

Ricardo.. Jenner, good shot but so lazy, Idle, 150k wasted, but may have been more of a Guy "pick"

Much has been written in the past about Director of Football/ Head of Recruitment. If the Trews are at fault, it is this crucial role where they have failed.

Guy, seemed to talk a good game but he had no visible track record. He was all about spotting the next young talent so Ray could sell on for squillions. Never happened. The Ricardo/Guy bust up, 2 people with differing philosophies being at polar opposites, was never going to work.

So we come to Sheridan, an apparent level headed appointment.. yet we still sign dross? Perhaps Sheridan is just a good man manager, like Big Sam, let down by his own coaches and recruitment?

• Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

3 hours ago, notts-joe said:

Stability, we don't have this and I fail to see how we can gain any form of it unless the club can find new owners.

The reason its gone backwards is because we as a club jump the gun, I used to see the phrase 'papering of the cracks' but this literally sums up this season. A club that declared its desire to locate and sign leaders on the pitch - pretty much failed with this regard but we don't have any proper leadership in the boardroom.

This is summed up by a CEO who is unable to give us fans the answers he probably wishes he could do, along with the solution to the money matters - does he pay the bills? Can he pay creditors on behalf of Notts County?

Why did we blow so much of the Ladbrokes deal last season? I know many who believe this was thrown down the drain and spent up back then, in fact its a question often overlooked when asked by my dad.

See this is what I'm trying to say, there's always talk of 'plans' - yet we came into a good sponsorship deal (based on things said).

How was it phrased one of the biggest for the club? And yet we seem to have spent it as quickly as possible. The club clearly needs to learn to walk under our current owners, rather than running.

How many managers have suggested the answer to this question.

I can name five who have made comments (before being fired apprentice style).

One of the biggest for the club, is a quote by Ray Trew isn't it? Race to the finish line.

100% right on stability and any sort of long term plan. We had a number of plans, well I say that, RT said he had plans, but they seemed to change depending on the fantasies he dreamt up the previous night. RT thinks he knows better than anyone else, about practically anything, so it's not much of a stretch to believe managers' comments about interfering. The fact that the CEO knows diddly squat about our finances probably proves that RT dictates that side, too. 

Well recruitment need not be worried about seems according to the SLO on twitter we are under embargo . 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Are these administration rumours totally unfounded then? Seems Dec. 19th is D-Day in terms of administration. Talk about ruining Christmas......

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,766
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

if we drop into Admin, Ray would only get what offer was bid...so he would be better accepting Hardy's latest or one from A N Other.  Worrying times indeed,

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Ive banged on about our non scouting network for years now and we are going nowhere until it is sorted, how many players from Ilkeston have signed for pro clubs these last couple of years and they are practically on our doorstep!?! 

I also never really classed Enoch as a Curle signing as we had tried to sign him under Allen from memory, which probably led to an agreement with him when out of contract. I do blame Curle for signing Andre Boucard, which led to us playing some pretty dull football as he hardly ever passed the ball in front of square. The year before when we just missed out on the playoffs I thought we were playing some decent stuff.

I also think we might have done well under Ricardo if he hadn't had Branston scouting his players. Ricardo wanted pace throughout his side, but how many players were signed that actually had any? I'll always blame him for signing Sprockel though.

It doesn't look as though Ray is prepared to take just any bid for Notts, so it would be totally bizarre for him to put us into Admin, surely?

Administration like you and others say @Fozzy doesn't make sense , but what does these days at Notts ?? 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Admin is the only way I see the club being sold, I do not want it this way - being docked points would be more worrying and even if we got out of it, it would surely mess us up more.

You would hope the right thing is achieved, that deals was held with meaning and fairness. I do not worry about it, more how the club moves forward and getting new leadership in that can bring the stability we need.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

On 15.12.2016 at 05:30, Piethagoram said:

The failure of managers can be broadly put down to recruitment. Out of the 92 clubs, we must be number 1 for recruitment failure.

A simplistic overview this season, is to match our players on an individual basis to those of the opposition. Are we discernibly better? The answer is no every time.

If I was chairman, I would take soundings and probably got and get Accrington's scouting network for a start. They are doing nicely with a near zero budget...

Some managers have made some absolute clangers of recruitment decision making.

Craig Short... Ben Burgess, rumoured to have signed without a medical

Chris Kiwomya.. Danny Haynes... a track record of hamstrings 

Chris Curle... Enoch

Derry..Banjer, presumably left Ipswich on Championship wages?

Ricardo.. Jenner, good shot but so lazy, Idle, 150k wasted, but may have been more of a Guy "pick"

Much has been written in the past about Director of Football/ Head of Recruitment. If the Trews are at fault, it is this crucial role where they have failed.

Guy, seemed to talk a good game but he had no visible track record. He was all about spotting the next young talent so Ray could sell on for squillions. Never happened. The Ricardo/Guy bust up, 2 people with differing philosophies being at polar opposites, was never going to work.

So we come to Sheridan, an apparent level headed appointment.. yet we still sign dross? Perhaps Sheridan is just a good man manager, like Big Sam, let down by his own coaches and recruitment?

I would question how many of those players were actually the manager's pick. Didn't we make a bid for Enoch while Martin Allen was still in charge? And numerous players have been publicly pursued, only for us to fail and then subsequently sign them under a different manager. It makes you wonder who's really in charge of the team. And if Burgess really was signed without a medical I wouldn't lay that at Short's door.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

16 hours ago, notts-joe said:

Admin is the only way I see the club being sold, I do not want it this way - being docked points would be more worrying and even if we got out of it, it would surely mess us up more.

You would hope the right thing is achieved, that deals was held with meaning and fairness. I do not worry about it, more how the club moves forward and getting new leadership in that can bring the stability we need.

Being docked points would be disasterous, but maybe it would concentrate minds a bit too? Every cloud and all that.

I can't see us going into admin while there is a single serious offer on the table. Ray Trew would get a fraction of the money he would get from selling the club from a CVA after leaving admin. But if there is no potential buyer and the debts are stacking up, who knows.

Archived