Who's worth a place in the team?

ivansneck

Just based on this season so far, in 3 categories:

Starting 11: Stead and Forte

Subs: Thompson, Audel, Campbell, Richards, Loach, O'Connor, Milsom, Laing.

Never ever again (please): Hollis, Duffy, Dickinson, Hewitt, Collin, Oliver, Burke, Atkinson, Rodman...

I can't judge some players such as Aborah, as I haven't seen enough of them this season

@ivansneck I largely agree, though I would say that the next manager will want to assess the squad and that we should probably give whoever he backs a chance.

There's certain players I hope leave at the end of the season, though our main priority being survival and we need to balance things - there's not going to be enough time to bring in a whole new squad and this would be somewhat wise. We need to reduce the squad a little, bring in some loans and sign in quality.

Get out the quantity and useless performers.

Just based on this season so far, in 3 categories:
Starting 11: Stead and Forte
Subs: Thompson, Audel, Campbell, Richards, Loach, O'Connor, Milsom, Laing.
Never ever again (please): Hollis, Duffy, Dickinson, Hewitt, Collin, Oliver, Burke, Atkinson, Rodman...
I can't judge some players such as Aborah, as I haven't seen enough of them this season

Id agree with them all to be fair, Laing has been poor since Hartlepool but can be good, id probably start some that you have on the bench but i get that none have been great as of late

I actually think that Laing would be a good player again if he had an experienced, big, solid defensive partner, but we haven't got one. I can't argue with any on the list, I'm even trying to move players around the pitch in order to make a case for them, unfortunately I can't...

16 minutes ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

Bbcrns saying Alex Rodman off to Shrewsbury , the clear out begins of players maybe .

I would even drive him over there myself, or at least a few miles upstream and float him down the river to the town.

:whistle:

The manager will have to access things when he knows the budget and which players may be available. I agree that it looks highly likely that we will dabble in the loan market, though we cannot allow the takeover to drag on any more.

Likewise with the manager news should happen ASAP now.

Most of this current squad would struggle to get anywhere near the first team if I had my way, yet a different person may get a better reaction. One thing is for sure all the players and staff should come off social media.

Archived