Guy Branston in the F L Paper

Nothing he says or thinks is worth my time, I find his attitude to be the thing that keeps him in work and I would rather not fuel that.

Sometimes these figures really do gain power from those who troll, dislike or even hate him.

Especially how some of our fans fascinate over him or his character, it's really in the past name and hopefully he will never rejoin us. Simply he's a person whom I would rather forget about but I don't wish to see any foul comments towards him (not on here).

1 hour ago, TheFostarr94 said:

I don't like him, most of what he says his pointless BUT he's right when he said the majority of our fans have unrealistic expectations, yes we deserve better than now but the expectations are too high we're not a big team.. 

The Trew's never helped in this regard, every time they wanted to get the fans on board they spoke of promotion and BIG signings which turned out not to be the case.

Notts do have an issue with childish fans who act silly but the above never helped matters.

1 hour ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

Maybe I was hasty in starting this thread , apologies .

You have nothing to apologise for bud, I'm just a bit grumpy today.

Honestly there's always room for discussions, I would never discourage this but seeing some of the comments flying around - its just very depressing. I know the core of folks on here will voice their opinions in the right way.

I can't find the article online, anyone got a link?

As for unrealistic expectations, at the start of last season our own manager said that anything other than promotion would be a failure. John Sheridan clearly aimed for a promotion push. We have a budget that leaves most League One clubs in the shade. And we're supposed to be happy just to stay in the League and be Morecambe's whipping boys?

That article sums up perfectly what an odious piece of work Branston is - no acceptance at all that he was a massive failure in his role, just blame the fans instead.  He claims that Sheridan had "all the tools to do well.  The staff."  Sorry Guy, but YOUR staff that he inherited are garbage.  His additions have been no better, but you are equally guilty here.  As head of recruitment, please could you list your successes?  Yes, my piece of paper is blank as well!  He says that "Before I left in May the atmosphere was toxic" - quite correct, but you were a major contributor to that toxic atmosphere.  You actually managed to run Fullarton close as the most hated person at the club!  It's annoying that he was actually paid for writing that pack of lies, but unless you witnessed his abject failure at Notts you would probably take it at face value.  

I just wish the swear filter would allow me to give my true thoughts on Guy Branston!

22 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

That article sums up perfectly what an odious piece of work Branston is - no acceptance at all that he was a massive failure in his role, just blame the fans instead.  He claims that Sheridan had "all the tools to do well.  The staff."  Sorry Guy, but YOUR staff that he inherited are garbage.  His additions have been no better, but you are equally guilty here.  As head of recruitment, please could you list your successes?  Yes, my piece of paper is blank as well!  He says that "Before I left in May the atmosphere was toxic" - quite correct, but you were a major contributor to that toxic atmosphere.  You actually managed to run Fullarton close as the most hated person at the club!  It's annoying that he was actually paid for writing that pack of lies, but unless you witnessed his abject failure at Notts you would probably take it at face value.  

I just wish the swear filter would allow me to give my true thoughts on Guy Branston!

He is like others who just look to pass the blame.

The toxic atmosphere came from massive failures in and around the club, a chairman who lost his passion, his wife treating fans like dummies and every other area going wrong all at the same time.

Archived