Best attendance for years at ML

ivansneck

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Best doesn't always mean highest, so I think yesterday's attendance was the most encouraging for years and years. Well done to AH, KN and the players.

Can anyone think of a better one in the circumstances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I still wished the Pavis and Family Stand tried harder to add to the atmosphere.

The Pavis looked almost full from where I was sat, yet you barely heard them. Well unless the ref gave something against us then we heard a very reluctant boo. It was still impressive but I hate seeing people moan about the kop when other stands do little themselves.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

think it was good all round to see the impressive turn out. i hope we continue because i like seeing meadow lane busy and i would agree with ivanneck that yesterday was the best attendance.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

6 hours ago, TheSkipper said:

I still wished the Pavis and Family Stand tried harder to add to the atmosphere.

The Pavis looked almost full from where I was sat, yet you barely heard them. Well unless the ref gave something against us then we heard a very reluctant boo. It was still impressive but I hate seeing people moan about the kop when other stands do little themselves.

What needs to be done is strategically spread members of the Kop out throughout the Pavis stand that way awakening the atmosphere from that side of the ground.

As for the Family stand they need to employ stewards that aren't mates with people in that stand, I take my kids in the kop as there is less swearing d1ckhead attitudes in there

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It looked a good attendance from pictures posted on PON's FB page.

All three home stands looked very busy, even the family stand. I am sure they got behind the team.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

What needs to be done is strategically spread members of the Kop out throughout the Pavis stand that way awakening the atmosphere from that side of the ground.
As for the Family stand they need to employ stewards that aren't mates with people in that stand, I take my kids in the kop as there is less swearing d1ckhead attitudes in there

Disappointed to hear that. We go in the Family Stand and only very rarely hear any bad language.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have to add that when I dislocated my right knee, I relocated into the family stand and I was concerned at first about the swearing.

Some of the people was actually quite aggressive, the times I witnessed someone trying to wind up the opposition fans and attempting to throw items like coins. That said, it was mostly the central upper half of the stand. Nearer the Pavis I found to be very nice, plenty of families and people mixing. You get a lot of swearing in certain parts of the Kop but I think to a degree it's to be excepted.

The family stand should have a no tolerance approach to it, mind some will say kids have heard it all by now.

--

Saturday's attendance was very good, really lively and I think it helped the game. I would agree that it was the best in terms of atmosphere, it reminded me of when we was doing well in League One.

Or, big games like Sheffield United, Walsall etc.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

On 26/2/2017 at 15:00, TheSkipper said:

I'd have to disagree with that from my seat I hear plenty of people joining in with the singing and shouting encouragement. 'Reluctant boos' really?

Why bother arguing about which home stand is loudest...if anything the acoustics of the lower roof mean that the county road stand amplifies the away support better than the high kop roof.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

On 26/2/2017 at 13:50, ivansneck said:

Best doesn't always mean highest, so I think yesterday's attendance was the most encouraging for years and years. Well done to AH, KN and the players.

Can anyone think of a better one in the circumstances?

Third highest on the day in league 2 behind top of the table clashes at Luton and Carlisle (just); and higher than seven league 1 matches...COYP!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

I think it shouldn't take results or a new manager for the gate total to go up or attendance. as fans as much as it's a pain we should support them unconditionally. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

1 hour ago, UnitedPie said:

I think it shouldn't take results or a new manager for the gate total to go up or attendance. as fans as much as it's a pain we should support them unconditionally. 

I'm afraid that's ideal world v real world.  Thankfully Alan Hardy seems to inhabit the real world, and his offers / initiatives so far have been a massive success in improving attendances and atmosphere.  We have to keep up the performance standards to retain the new fans, but the hard bit is getting them into the ground in the first place.  It will be interesting to see the pricing structure for next season, but I think winning games is at least as important as the cost.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,502
  • Days Won:  9

Notts have never have luck with maintaining crowds when we didn't do well, people simply want to see success and care little about seeing a struggling team getting thrashed. That said the community can make a difference, as can the chairman and manager.

@Elite_pie is right, in an idea world things would be different but its not.

Archived