"Nottinghamshire City FC" - this has to be a joke surely?

Joe Jones

Fancy a laugh?

Get a load of this article.

"It's Round and It's White" believes that, because Nottingham Forest and Notts County have been struggling in the last few years, they should just "unite".

And what name is given to this weird hybrid monstrosity?

"Nottinghamshire City FC".

If you're going to read just one ridiculous article today, make it this one.

http://www.itsroundanditswhite.co.uk/2017/03/09/nottingham-forest-notts-county-merge/

I hate when people write things full well knowing it won't be popular and the only logical reason for doing so is to make people angry.

Really that's all I can say.

Notts should never be forced to merge with the reds, its just silly and I recall my Grandfather (@GrannyPie's dad) saying pretty the same when in 1999/2000 there was an article suggesting this might be the case. Forest fans wouldn't want it, neither would we. If we was ever in a position whereby we could lose our history, I'd rather see us become a phoenix club. Besides, shall we force Liverpool and Everton to merge? City and United? How about all the brummy clubs merge?

Nonsense of the highest order.

"In terms of a badge, it couldn’t be any easier. Nottingham Forest’s emblem is a tree, County’s a magpie – being a bird and all – it wouldn’t be too hard to graphically represent a bird in a tree."

Here is my suggestion.

forestlogo.jpg

21 minutes ago, GrannyPie said:

OK -Rubbish idea

It's pants, absolutely @super_ram pants.

Now there's another scary thought! I hope your not drinking tea mum. :(

18 minutes ago, Joe Jones said:

"In terms of a badge, it couldn’t be any easier. Nottingham Forest’s emblem is a tree, County’s a magpie – being a bird and all – it wouldn’t be too hard to graphically represent a bird in a tree."

Here is my suggestion.

forestlogo.jpg

Stop engaging with the idea! Seriously!! Or else...

@GrannyPie do your work here, I demand you hit him several times with your walking sticks but mind his hands (mainly his fingers, he does need to type). ;)

I haven't read an article like this for a while, but they do come periodically. They tend to come from people with no idea about football, or at least no idea about being a football fan. Someone has simply added together the average attendances of us and F*rest and thought, "you know, there's enough for a Premier League club there". That's seriously naive as many supporters would never watch such a team. It would highly likely get fewer through the gate than F*rest are getting now.

It's also contradictary. By merging two clubs with long histories, you're not combining them, you're destroying them. Nottinghamshire City FC (ha!) would be established in 2017, not 1862 or 1865. And suggesting we play in F*rest's kit and only use our colours away is just demeaning. What the blogger describes isn't a merger, it's a takeover.

I can't help thinking we're being a bit harsh by taking it all at face value. A professional journalist in a national paper would have deserved both barrels, but this is just a blogger trying to think of something to write about, stir discussion and get his blog read.

I can remember when I still lived up there, there was an article whereby Nottingham city council in their infinite wisdom wanted to build a brand new stadium out near the power station for county and that other lot to share. Needless to say both clubs told them where to shove that idea, and the same can be done with this! Quite honestly I would happily cuut my right leg off with a blunt spoon instead of merging with them.

Archived