Jorge Grant tug of war between Notts and Forest

Joe Jones

So Nottingham Forest have offered Jorge Grant a three-year deal to stay put at the City Ground.

Notts County are still hoping they can sign him permanently, but if not, they may try for another loan next season.

And then there are also the other clubs sniffing around (Bristol City, Wigan etc).

How do you see this panning out?

We gave him the opportunity and hes delivered here at Notts County. However football is a short career and from his perspective he has to go where the money is at 22/23. I can't blame him if he stays at Forest with a new owner chucking money left, right and centre they may offer him a contract he can't turn down. Upsetting but i think we are just too small of a club for this guys quality. Agree or Disagree?

I don't quite buy that Forest will give him a new three-year-deal, as their manager barely mentioned him and the only explanation for this to happen would be that they want money for him. Considering he's rumoured to be earning a pretty penny in comparison to what we could offer him, well I think it shows how mad Forest are when it comes to wasting resources. They want a small squad and have plenty of emerging talent.

So I can see him being released, it's just a question if he will join us or not.

1 hour ago, samwatto2008 said:

Upsetting but i think we are just too small of a club for this guys quality. Agree or Disagree?

you are probably right.

if his career is about moving forward he may come to us for a season or two to develop as a player. otherwise if he wants the money or a chance at playing a division higher, i would not blame him for trying.

If Notts don't continue to pursue their interest, some will say we have no ambition and show unrest for not challenging - whilst there's a minority who feel if he wanted to stay he would and therefore it's a negative that hasn't done already.

It's complicated but I feel Notts must continue their chase, in the past we have given up too early.

Plus if he remains at Forest, we may get him back on loan - a player know he's wanted can be a big boost for his confidence. He knows what to expect here, so I am not worried about Wigan as I doubt they'd play him anymore than Forest would.

If they really have offered him a 3 year deal I would be amazed if he didn't accept it.  They won't want him playing reserve football however, so a loan deal somewhere seems likely.  I would expect a few League 1 clubs to show interest, but we do have 3 things that might give us a chance.  We're local for him, it would be easy for them to monitor his progress, and he clearly enjoyed his spell with us last season.  It would be good to get him, because creative players who can score goals aren't easy to find.

Archived