Key areas for improvements within the Notts squad

Chris

What are the key areas remaining in Kevin Nolan's squad that you would like to see improved?

Currently he has...

Two goalkeepers; Adam Collin and Joe Searson
Defenders; Haydn Hollis, Matt Tootle (could be used in midfield), Richard Duffy and Elliot Hewitt (could be used in midfield)
Midfield; Terry Hawkridge, Lewis Alessandra (could be used as a striker), Michael O'Connor (currently injured), Rob Milsom
Strikers; Jonathan Forte?

For me, we need 3 strikers. Another two centre backs (hopefully one who is versatile). We require 2-3 midfielders who are creative and know how to get forward.

In an ideal world we would settle for a squad of around 23, I know Kevin Nolan and Alan Hardy have suggested a smaller squad - I just feel we require depth and I know we have youngsters who could fill some of these places. I still feel Adam Collin needs replacing, I'd no issue with releasing him and signing a more vocal all-round keeper to teach Joe Searson.

If we go above 20 players slightly, I would like 4 strikers. What about you?

Definitely need another goalkeeper, Collin is hardly Mr Steady and Searson's too young and unproven.

The squad needs to be reinforced throughout - 2/3 new players for each position. With 46 league games plus another 10-15 cup games, we not only need quality but strength in depth as well.

I predict Hewitt will be used in midfield so that will mean another defender (established) is needed but less need to strengthen the midfield.

I thought that Milsom had signed a new deal and don't we have Forte under contract for another year? In any case, looking throughout the whole squad, we need to strengthen in all areas. I am sort of hoping that one of Ameobi, or Stead doesn't sign as we really need some younger legs up top.

Defenders, we need at least one more CB (preferably 2) and a LB.

Midfield, another ball winner and also an attacking midfielder, or two.

Strikers, some much younger legs with loads of pace, who can finish (maybe a higher up academy player). A bit like a Jermaine Defoe style of player, but would accept a Gary McSwegan type!

we meed two strikers that are fit enough for selection week in and out. stead and ameobi could do a job still but we need others if we aim for promotion.

would like to see a new keeper, cb and improvements to midfield.

Archived