Notts County's remaining three fixtures in September are quite the top billing.

First, a local derby against Lincoln City at Meadow Lane.

Then a trip to Exeter City in a clash between first and second in the table (or first and third depending on Saturday's result - hopefully not!)

And then the big one... Mansfield Town away.

As fixture runs go, what are the most taxing / high-profile that you remember over the years?

And in terms of this one, how do you think we'll do? Can we... (hushed tones) make it a 100% month?

This will be a massive week for us and personally I feel that if we can get 4 points from it, we will be well set for a much nicer October and confirm ourselves as serious playoff contenders. 

Lincoln will be quite a tough game as we never do that great against them at home, plus they are a bit of an unknown quantity this season, with them still bedding into life back in the league. Exeter will be tough as they are flying at the moment, we'll need to impose our physical presence on them early to get a result and Mansfield are just Mansfield. A venue we aren't getting any change out of at the moment.

So, I will go for:

1. Lincoln W
  2. Exeter D
  3. Mansfield L

Can't think of any other runs like this, but then my heads a bit of a shed nowadays!

I'd take 5 points, but 7 would be very positive. I really can't see 9 being obtained but that would be beyond a dream. I think we are thinking Lincoln City will be an 'easy' game, and I feel this may prove to be a stumbling block. Hopefully we can get the maximum points that I quoted (7) but 5 would hardly be negative.

Archived