Is Kevin Nolan a Premier League manager in the making?

Joe Jones

Kevin Nolan's brilliant work at Notts County has not gone unnoticed in other parts of the country, particularly regions where he has formely worked.

The North-East based Chronicle Live has published an article looking at how Nolan shook off a potentially fatal awry debut management job to become hot property at Meadow Lane.

It ends with the statement: Who knows? He may even take the Newcastle United hot-seat in the future.

Do you think it's just a matter of time before Nolan's managing a top-flight club? Potentially one of his former employers? Or maybe even a Sirrel or Warnock-style ascent to the top with Notts?

Not with the Premier Leagues fascination with foreign ownership and managers at the moment. The only way I can see him getting to be a Premier league manager is by getting a club promoted, which means an unfashionable club like teams of Bolton’s ilk.

Id love to be proved wrong, but money talks unfortunately and Premier league bosses want the very best coaches they can find from Europe, not Britain. 

KN is just starting out on his apprenticeship , doing well , so his stock naturally is building , agree with @Fozzy  foreign ownership and money in prem means they can attract big names and big reputations , so maybe not in the near future , but a couple of promotions under his belt and you never know , that would be something if he did a Jimmy Sirrel wouldn't it and took the pies to the prem , wake me up I'm dreaming , but you never know COYP 

It's still very early days, he hasn't even managed a club for a full season yet. There was similar talk about Shaun Derry when we were flying high under him, but we ended up getting relegated and he's now managing a team whose badge resembles a toilet.

KN could have the makings of a good lower-league manager, but the Premier League is a very long shot. He's welcome to prove everyone wrong and take Notts to the promised land though.

I believe he can be, however there is a lot that he needs to learn.

Some manages don't grasp the importance of learning from the bottom, and remaining loyal to a club - as being able to retain your managerial position for a number of seasons highlights a good manager. Kevin looks to have all the requirements, he just needs time.

this question is like asking if notts can be a championship club again. :lol:

of course but its going to take work and time. kn is a good manager but he needs to work past the dry spells and inspire better from the players. its very early but i believe so yes.

Any manager is but it takes something special to get there.

Kevin Nolan has done fantastically well working with the same players who almost relegated us last season, the turn around is impressive but this is only a portion of the story. I would say he has potential and no doubt Bolton will come knocking one day.

Archived