Match Discussion: FA Cup - The Pirates (H)

PON_News

FA Cup - The Pirates (H)

Team: Bristol Rovers

Date: 03/11/17

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

I just hope we take the competition seriously and field our strongest eleven.  There is no doubt the FA Cup has lost some of it's appeal due to stupid changes made by the FA (I'm thinking such as ties spread over Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday to suit TV, semi-finals played at Wembley, 5pm kick-off for the final), but the prospect of Notts County making the third round draw is something I still find exciting. 

• Like 1

The Bristol Rovers managed has admitted that his team is overstretched at the minute, and AFAIK their star player Billy Bodin is out injured, so Notts should field their strongest XI. It's a very winnable game, and if we make it to the third round, well it's a lottery innit - but as we've seen with the League Cup in recent years with Liverpool and Villa (and ofc Man City in the FA Cup in 2011), drawing a big team ends up becoming a massive occasion and could make the club a lot of money as well as giving fans a memorable matchday.

After this it's just Lincoln in the Paint Pot trophy in midweek, which is completely irrelevant, so just chuck in the fringe players for that and when it comes to League Two, bring in the rested first-teamers. Simple as.

Send out a full strength side, against them and also parade Craig (extra pound) Ramage on the pitch before kick off! Well overdue a good cup run and would be really nice to see us draw Man Utd away in the third round, although knowing our luck we will win tonight and then go out to Morcambe in the next round after a replay and it will be them playing Man U!

14 minutes ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

Quality performance some truly outstanding football played , best performance for years , well done Notts , Kevin Nolan's black and white army , COYP 

Agreed, brilliant game and a brilliant performance, also a great atmosphere created by the smallish crowd. We were all over the place defensively in the first 10 minutes but kept battling, and created enough chances to have gone in ahead at half time. Every player gave their all, there wasn't a single poor performer in black and white. Great stuff Notts, best tenner I've spent in ages.

• Like 1

very promising win, I'm delighted by the comments expressed to me and from what I have seen shared on social media.

It sounds like we played very well once we re-grouped.

Oxford City is also a decent Non-League tie which I can see being on TV, which Meadow Lane is perfect for!