Match Discussion: Game 17 - The Boro (A)

PON_News

Game 17 - The Boro (A)

Team: Stevenage fc

Date: 11/11/17

Where: Broadhall Way

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

We just have to play sensible football.

Stevenage will probably attempt to be the more physical side, attempting to break up the play and slow down the proceedings. We have to work around this, whilst avoiding hoofing the ball as in my opinion they will cope better with that kind of tactics. If we struggle to assert ourselves on the ball, we simply need to bide our time and work the ball well. They'll crumble eventually.

Defensively they are pretty poor and their keeper can have nightmares in goal. COYP!

Agreed, we always tend to look decent when we are prompt but wise.

I'm a little nervous right now, which might seem a bit strange considering how well we are doing but I know in my heart what usually follows a good performance. This is Notts County after all.

I think the score will be 3-1 to us - at least I hope so.

I'm also disappointed by the lack of application in the first half, and it did sound like we was considerably lucky at times not be stirring down at a defeat. Though I am delighted with the point which happened through hard work, its just one of those things which we can be thankful for because we still sit in a good position - previously this kind of result would have more concern but I guess we are writing our own luck at the minute.

Stevenage clearly did their home work, so I just hope we learn to be quicker to assert our own presence over the opposition and take time to be more alert at the back (as it sounded quite poor at times).

This month has some decent fixtures, it's just a shame this result wasn't better for that reason.

• Like 1

It's a good point when you think about the possible outcome.

I do understand the frustration mentioned before me, we was poor in the first half but Nolan corrected this within the second half. It just goes to show that the old saying that its a game of two halves bares true. We also had a number of fantastic efforts within the second half, so either team could have won.