Building of 95 homes next to Meadow Lane delayed as plans revised

Joe Jones

From the Nottingham Post:

Plans for 95 new homes near Notts County’s football grounds have been delayed until next year for the plans to be revised.

Elevate, the company which is developing the area off Meadow Lane between Trent Bridge and the football ground, has submitted alterations to the application which was granted permission two years ago.

They originally intended to begin building this year, but following this change of plans they will now not start until March next year.

Any thoughts on this? Do you think the delay is better as there won't be an impact on matchdays, or is it a shame as any regeneration of the area can only be a good thing?

I just want to find out the plans for these houses, as if they're nice - I'm certainly going to try and buy one. :lol:

If its the land I'm thinking of and this is the only free land known to me, I think it makes sense waiting. I'm not really sure its all that suitable to be honest, the houses will most likely be small and it's in an awkward area. I can't say it really matters though. 

Building houses near Meadow Lane is a recipe for disaster for us, undoubtedly we'll have to go to great expense to appease some clown that will complain about the noise or the amount of people standing around the ground before the start of a game.

I fear we'll be in a new ground on the outskirts of Nottingham, inaccesible to all those without a car and completely devoid of all atmosphere within 10 years of the houses being built

On 14/11/2017 at 14:49, Joe Jones said:

as there won't be an impact on matchdays

How many building firms do you know that work in Saturdays and evenings! Plus they all go into hiding during winter anyways, well all the ones I know do.:brr:

1 hour ago, Fozzy said:

How many building firms do you know that work in Saturdays and evenings! Plus they all go into hiding during winter anyways, well all the ones I know do.:brr:

Tell this to one who built a new estate near me, they worked weekends mostly due to the planning permission and the world was mostly carried out during winter. :lol:

Archived