Marketing the club

TheSkipper

I have notice there are a lot of fans moaning about how the club is marketing themselves especially via social media.

What do the members of PON think?

I think the club handles itself well these days, the self promotion is something that seems very important. If a club can't effectively market its own offers, how can anyone expect them to draw interest? I think its brilliant to see the increase of upcoming matches promotion, along with the hospitality and the partners in which the club works with.

Why is it such a negative thing? I really would like to see someone's view point from that camp as I can't understand it.

I can understand fans sharing their opinions, even things I disagree with I respect - yet when there's a majority of people with the same opinion often it comes across as negative moaning and I think people forget that a lot of discussions are largely based on people who naturally care about the club.

A few weeks ago, I myself notice some interesting tweets and even on FB from time to time.

I tend to ask and find out fans view point, as sometimes that changes the perception of others. I can't say I notice anything largely negative myself, I think the vast majority acknowledge the brilliant work that the club's staff do - it's like things have turned around on a massive scale. Self promotion is one of the things which is important, it brings in the money and under the last regime things like the 'curry club' died off after one trial.

I don't think that would happen these days.

Yet we as a club have always had a good media and marketing departments in my opinion (even during the blackout days).

I wrote an article about this very topic just the other day.

I personally think it's great marketing and PR that the club is doing. It's getting Notts County's name out there and it's doing it in a way that's benign and true to the club. Whoever's in charge of marketing there, hats off to them!

I suppose fans mean when the promotional stuff is all they put out, there are times when the official accounts do resemble selling pages which is not that healthy when there isn't anything to thin the adverts out.

Overall there is no complaints from me but as I say, 2 to 3 items mentioning selling things can be annoying.

Getting the club 'out there ' is brilliant in my opinion , raises the clubs profile even it's image can be made more appealing to some , it's getting noticed and for good reasons , remember when very little news came out and the club was somewhat in the shadows ? I can , this for me is great I suppose it's easy with everything going so well on and off the pitch .

I can understand the season ticket holders having a gripe about the fact that with every matchday promotion it devalues their saving on buying a ticket at the start of the year, but I can't see a reason to moan about the marketing in general. AH wants to build the fan base and he is trying any way he can to raise the profile of the club, which is a good thing.

Other than a couple of bad decisions, he hasn't done that much wrong in his time at the club so far.

I'm a season ticket holder and have no problem with any freebies offered, in fact the more the better in my opinion.  I paid up front to watch 23 league games and consider it excellent value for money.  I can't see anything negative in trying to attract fresh support.

ps Did anyone else get a Christmas card from the club with a little gift inside (a 'bring a friend for free' voucher for the Grimsby game)?  

Archived