Notts County V Fleetwood Town

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,953
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

So who's going on Tuesday then? I'm looking forward to seeing my first live competitive match this season.

Will Chris make any changes as it is a cup match? Maybe bring a few of the youngsters in and fringe players, I remember a few years ago Steve Thompson was manager and he played an almost completely different team for the League Cup to the team for the league matches and we were quite successful that year, can't remember how far we got but did quite well.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I don't think I will be.

I hope he gives Greg a run in the side, I think we need to give him games and it will help him progress (whilst making sure he can cover at the back). He seemed very nervous to make challenges and I recall not wanting to make challenges myself when I played teams who dived. I see Enoch starting, with possible Haynes being switched to midfield - Wing. Arquin looked to be getting well marked, despite several times it looked like he was fouled but I would start it him myself.

Hopefully 4-4-2!

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

I do not see us making many changes personally.

I will not be able to make this game myself, I am attending a wedding and It's a big day for us. I will be sending my wishes up to Notts, although I must admit to not really caring if we win or lose. I have no interest in the cup really :)

Jeff Hughes will score also, just watch!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Oh no,it's a 2 radio night for Super(Derby are away at Oldham) even though he says he's not really bothered about the early rounds of the league cup.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

@tonyhateley (spelt your name right this time ;) ) I can remember that cup run really well oddly (assuming its the same one your on about!) under Steve Thompson. I seem to remember we started that season really well both in the league and league cup, and we made it to round 4 amazingly. We won away at Crystal Palace 2-1 in round 1, then won 1-0 up at Middlesbrough (then of the Premiership) in round 2, before a 2-0 home win over championship Southampton. I can remember all the hype over the fourth round draw, all of us hoping for someone like Chelsea, Manchester United or Liverpool. And who did we get? The mighty Wycombe Wanderers came to Meadow lane for round 4 and nicked a win in extra time! Think that may well have been the same season they went all the way to the Semi finals? Woops, written a fair bit more about that cup run than I intended to :rolleyes:

I know it's only a Cup game but I'd love a win on Wednesday night, just to get that first competetive win under our belts and have something to build on going into the Peterborough United match. I can see him making a few changes and giving the young'uns more of a chance. We'll wait and see

Supporter+

Yes, that would be the one. Your memory is a lot better than mine, I remember being really disappointed with the draw but thinking as everyone else did that it was a great opportunity to get through to the next round but it wasn't to be.

I think we need to beat Fleetwood we don't want to start the season with two defeats, as uncle Colin always says losing can become a habit.

I hope we can get into a comfortable lead and allow CK to then make changes.We don't want to get into a losing habit,as Tony says,though.

Some Fleetwood Town fans I've been speaking to are mixed, also some others are swaying on the result but they do think it will be a good game.

Nice group of fans! I hope they enjoy visiting Meadow Lane, as the majority seem to really like our tradition and values as a club. I can Jeff Hughes coming back to haunt us, although I hope nobody boo's him!!

I'm saying 3-1 for this. :)

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  2

notts should control this game, fleetwood are okay but you have made some very impressive signings.

jeff hughes is an interesting one, it depends on his reception but your fans should take note on the effects of booing and how it can encourage players to want to hurt them by scoring, assisting and playing well.

2-0 to notts from me

Supporter+

If we play a strong team I think we should be good enough to beat them I'll go for 2-0. If its a reserve team it could be a lot closer maybe a draw.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Fleetwood got their season off to a good start last Saturday with a 3-1 home win over Dagenham and Redbridge so they will be full of confidence.Notts put up a good show on Friday even though reduced to 10 men.Notts have home advantage and are a league higher than Fleetwood but there is the 'Banana skin' factor.I still take Notts to win comfortably provided they settle quickly,stick to the job in hand and don't try too hard if things aren't going to plan.Notts 2 - Fleetwood 0

How Jeff Hughes will be welcomed? 

I think if there's any booing, it will be by a small portion of fans.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  238
  • Days Won:  10

I think if there's any booing, it will be by a small portion of fans.

I've met him twice personally. He is very kind. I cannot understand why he went in a lower league, but it's his choice

He probably wanted a secure future, people suspect it to be about money but even then he's only done what he feels best. He might have been told of a promise, seen ambition and decided it was worth the change. It's his call really :)

I can honestly say that we're not much weaker without him, on his day a vital player but one who we could replace.

It was interesting to hear comments about us missing Bishop, It's true but Fotheringham did well upto a point and if he was in midfield I would have thought less pressure would have fallen onto Notts.

Spiess (if not still injured)
Dumbuya - Sheehan - Leacock - Tempest
Campbell-Ryce - Labadie - Thompson - Bell
Nangle - Arquin

My team for tomorrow - I've tried to give as many youngsters as possible a first team start. I think we should personally!

I hope Jeff Hughes gets a good reception and don't mind if he scores as long as we win.   2- 1 to us

I wonder what the Fleetwood side will be?I just hope it's a good match with no Notts players being sent off and no controversy.

What of The Rams at Oldham? Well after the results we've suffered in this cup in recent years I'm not exactly full of confidence.I hope Nigel doesn't  swap the team around too much but we should still be good enough

tonyhateleySo who's going on Tuesday then? I'm looking forward to seeing my first live competitive match this season.

Ooh,Tony,here's me assuming Notts are playing tonight and on the match thread it's got FRIDAY/7thAugust :confused1:

At least Granny wont have to put up with 'a 2 radio night' :rollonfloorlaughing:

Supporter+

The match is on Wednesday (tomorrow as I write), I assumed it was on Tuesday but for some reason they have changed our normal midweek night. Where did you get Friday from @super_ram?

Haha!!

Today, Tomorrow or Friday? Please make your minds up!! LOL

If this had have been on a Tuesday night, we would no doubt have had this issue but even the evening post as told our fan base we play on the wrong day. What is going on at the minute, it doesn't make sense.

Supporter+

Well I hope it's Wednesday because that's when I'm turning up, I'll be a bit lonely if it isn't. :unsure:

tonyhateleyWhere did you get Friday from @super_ram?

It's on the right hand side of the home page,Tony

fleetwood.pngFleetwood
Friday 7th August
KO; 7:45pm
Stadium; Meadow Lane
League Cup
total_posts.pngDiscuss

I'm very pleased ,I can listen to The Rams tonight and Notts tomorrow without sending Granny mad.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

Poor Joe, He's trying his very best. LOL

It clearly says the 7th!

I must have forgotten to remove the day after I edited the rest, although does the 7th fall on friday @super_ram! Ahh... I can make a mistake, I do enough to make up for it. :cry:

Come on Notts win Fleetwood to put a smile back on my face.

I wasn't criticising you or Tony,just pointing out.Just for the record the Notts County v Fleetwood game  is on Wednesday the 7th of August,2013 at 7.45pm. :thumbsup:

Supporter+

Thank goodness that's sorted out. :biggrin:

Archived