• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Now we’ve lost a board member. Obviously didn’t agree with the sacking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,742
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Possibly 2, as Darren Fletcher believed to have deleted all references to Notts on his Twitter profile?

• Followers:  2

Possibly 2, as Darren Fletcher believed to have deleted all references to Notts on his Twitter profile?

Not good if true

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

It seems to me they don't agree with the sacking of Nolan or something has happened behind the scenes for all this to kick off 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's just silly more than anything.

The board can be re-grouped, people leaving has no effect unless they invested their money. Time isn't much within football and although Darren Fletcher has good contacts, I don't see what else he brings to the table. Obviously, I'm not saying I am glad he might have stepped down because we don't know but I just feel only financial backers would be missed by the club.

Football club's always lose staff, they have a revolving door and most people can be replaced even if they think it's not possible.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i dont see the point in being bothered, the club was okay before and it will be after. i think people are just getting worried for no reason, if they have fallen out over nolans sacking then its a case of do we want them at the club? managers come and go, its not a reason to quit doing something.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

Alan Hardy should look for investment and try to use it as a way to move the club forward.

So it could be a good chance to get board members who can help with this.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,086
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think it projects a stable club which is playing in the hands of those who are saying Notts are messed up.

It's not that bad, I think the media would have given signs but its depressing to think that everything is going downhill at the moment. The board should pull together and get behind the next manager, they will expect us to do the same so why not them?

Whether or not there has been a falling out somehwhere along the lines who knows? But certainly the board needs to re group more than ever now and select a suitable replacement for Nolan. Whoever comes in needs backing from the board aswell we don't want to continue a revolving door. We don't need to be that club. 

• Followers:  2

It's just silly more than anything.
The board can be re-grouped, people leaving has no effect unless they invested their money. Time isn't much within football and although Darren Fletcher has good contacts, I don't see what else he brings to the table. Obviously, I'm not saying I am glad he might have stepped down because we don't know but I just feel only financial backers would be missed by the club.
Football club's always lose staff, they have a revolving door and most people can be replaced even if they think it's not possible.

Instability at the top is the main cause of problems in business and football clubs. Obviously none of us know the extent or the reasons behind this but it cannot be a good thing. It may prove to be a storm in a teacup or it may turn out to be a significant setback, only time will tell.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

22 hours ago, ivansneck said:

Instability at the top is the main cause of problems in business and football clubs. Obviously none of us know the extent or the reasons behind this but it cannot be a good thing. It may prove to be a storm in a teacup or it may turn out to be a significant setback, only time will tell.

A few board members leaving after seeing a manager sacked isn't what I would class instability personally.

People jumping ship and a manager walking out would fit this more closely.

Having just watched Alan Hardys interview on BBC, I might receive stick for this, but he sounded like a back stabber. Kevin Nolan stated in his interview he was backed and disappointed to be sacked as he's made this his home and when that statement was read out to Hardy he said "he might of got backing from others" read between the lines he's stating he didn't back him. In my opinion, this is backstabbing at its finest. 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Alan tonight on the news said it was the board as well .. my point is it can’t be a 💯 if some have walked and there is more to walk 

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Football club chairman's are notoriously fickle when it comes to backing their manager, they can change face just to suite their own needs but I think Alan Hardy deserves time before he is put under review for sacking Kevin Nolan. It might turn out to be the right decision, it might not but right now we have to stand by Notts County.  

Archived