Matt Tootle .... A true magpie

Magic magpie

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

So Notts County defender Matt Tootle has revealed his gambling addiction along with mental health problems but refuses to let his demons beat him. 

Matt Tootle is one of the fans choice favourites no matter what he is going through he never lets the pain show when meeting fans after the game weather young or old pies even when playing he gives every thing and plays through the pain. 

As far as I’m comcerned Matt is a inspiration as a mental health sufferer myself I know what it takes to battle your demons and say I’m not done .. and keep getting up time after time. 

Matt don’t want any skeletons in his closet he is honest with what happens in his life. He faces his demons head on and fights back for himself and his wife and children and his mum. 

The support he gets from his family and fans helps him he has said that on so many accessions. 

Tootle for me is a example of why u don't let your demons beat you and never give up. 

This man is a true magpie ..!!!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

A difficult subject for him to tackle openly. He has dealt with his personal issues in a really admirable manner and frankly, wish more people, gents especially, had the ability to speak out and find help from whichever source is best suited to them.

Also goes to help the ‘On a pedestal’ approach some take to footballers etc...

Being heavily involved in politics and having been lucky enough over the years to know a lot of politicians, I hate the way soem people play the celebrity status card so everything must be fine! They are human beings as well as the rest of us!

Though to be fair to politicians, the ones that do that are the ones I really can’t get on with. Being a person in the limelight doesn’t make them a celebrity, just someone that needs to try to make good choices and have good support structures when they don’t!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's annoying to see idiots say he deserves it or being knobs about having a bet.

When will others learn it's how life effects the individual and support goes along way, some people are just nasty but thankful there's a lot of support out there for Matt.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
3 hours ago, Chris said:

It's annoying to see idiots say he deserves it or being knobs about having a bet.

When will others learn it's how life effects the individual and support goes along way, some people are just nasty but thankful there's a lot of support out there for Matt.

I agree there are always idiots who think it’s clever to put unkind comments, that’s the problem with going so public about his problems. However he also has lots of support from people who are more caring and understand. 

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  739
  • Days Won:  3

People who suffer should be cared for and looked after, the problem with some is they don't care until they experience the issue.

Its like bullies.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  688
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Magic magpie said:

As far as I’m comcerned Matt is a inspiration as a mental health sufferer myself I know what it takes to battle your demons and say I’m not done .. and keep getting up time after time. 

It's positive now but the gambling side I have less sympathy for because his actions could have caused others problems.

Depression is difficult for suffers, so I am glad he's positive about it.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

4 hours ago, themightymagpies said:

It's positive now but the gambling side I have less sympathy for because his actions could have caused others problems.

i am sure he feels bad about any issues he may have caused his family and friends, sometimes people need support to break these types of habits. one of my uncles is an alcoholic and this stems from depression.

no judgement from me about tootle gambling, every one has their escape to get through life.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I think the club should allow Matt to do his own thing without them trying to draw from it.

Don't get me wrong it's nice to know he's being supported but just the whole way the Notts media handle it, it's like they want to take credit or be known. They don't have to do that, Matt Tootle will know who is supporting him.

2 hours ago, TheSkipper said:

I think the club should allow Matt to do his own thing without them trying to draw from it.

Don't get me wrong it's nice to know he's being supported but just the whole way the Notts media handle it, it's like they want to take credit or be known. They don't have to do that, Matt Tootle will know who is supporting him.

Matts a nice bloke and your right they probably do take the Micky 

22 hours ago, themightymagpies said:

One day at a time that’s the only way to beat a demon 

On 06/09/2018 at 12:04, Chris said:

People who say that he deserves it are :censored: that simple ... 

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

People was less judgemental and more inclined to keep themselves to themselves if they have nothing nice to say, more would feel able to do something themselves. Matt Tootle is a positive example about someone trying correct their own mistakes.

Would you see Paul Merson doing this?

Archived