Daily chat thread - Tuesday 25th September

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning all, it’s a bright, dry start here but again quite cool first thing, let’s hope it warms up like yesterday it really got quite warm.

Sorry to hear @AmericanPie is feeling under the weather from yesterday’s Daily Chat Thread, hope you are feeling better soon.

I’m going on a run shortly when all the kids are in their respective schools, I want to increase my pace, my son has suggested doing a shorter run so that I can go faster and get used to the increased pace before I do a longer one so I might try that.

Later I need to mow the lawn if it stays dry and also phone to arrange for a service on the central heating boiler.

Have a great day folks. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Today i need to go to Lidl and wilkos so that will take up most of the time before school pick up as i need to use public transport.

I may possibly collect my order from asda as they finally had school trousers in Jakes size since July, he had to do with bigger ones i adjusted the length to upto now.

After school is the usual really.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Just been out for some food as my sister has come to Center Parcs for the day so making the most of that. Played badminton earlier and just booked short course tennis before we go swimming later. Right in cue to sit down to the Man Utd vs Derby match later :) 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I have had two job interviews today.

Once I got back I had something to eat, nothing exciting. It's actually a pretty boring day TBH. Now I am on here and I want to get the posts up a bit.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

26 minutes ago, CliftonMagpie said:

I have had two job interviews today.

Once I got back I had something to eat, nothing exciting. It's actually a pretty boring day TBH. Now I am on here and I want to get the posts up a bit.

I hope the interviews went well.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I went to Bulwell with @cheeky~k8 as she has mentioned, I enjoyed getting out and having a walk.

When I came back home and Kate went off to pick the girls up from school, I decided to put the shopping a way. As I was sorting the fridge out, I heard the door and I thought Kate had come back early. However, it was this weird junk mail person who just stood on my door mat crapping himself. I will admit, I got very aggressive and I threw him out. It didn't help that the idiot kept going in his pocket for something, so I just ran as quickly as I could to push him out my door - how he didn't feel down the steps leading into my home I will never know.

He tried using the 'I got the letter box confused with the door handle Sir'. Very, very poor English.

I couldn't believe it but I decided to call Kate to warn her about it. We won't be leaving the door unlocked much now, as I think he thought nobody would be home and it's scary to think I could have been upstairs.

After that, I helped Kate cook and I cleaned all the pots. I have done some work on PON, upgraded the site in the early hours.

Patched things up, so all's good.

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i have not felt that well today myself, and i was told when im due back at work. im not looking forward to it at all, i applied for a few jobs but have not heard back. i dont want to quit until i have something

part of me just wants to get on with working, the other half wants away from it.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  84
  • Days Won:  2

22 minutes ago, liampie said:

i have not felt that well today myself, and i was told when im due back at work. im not looking forward to it at all, i applied for a few jobs but have not heard back. i dont want to quit until i have something

part of me just wants to get on with working, the other half wants away from it.

Sorry you're not happy in your work, Liampie! There's actually nothing worse (imho) than just turning up at work - when it takes up so much of your life/energy - when you're not happy in what you're doing: but still need to earn a crust to survive.

What work are you looking for? Maybe some of us could keep a look-out for new opportunities, for you? x

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
1 hour ago, Chris said:

I went to Bulwell with @cheeky~k8 as she has mentioned, I enjoyed getting out and having a walk.

When I came back home and Kate went off to pick the girls up from school, I decided to put the shopping a way. As I was sorting the fridge out, I heard the door and I thought Kate had come back early. However, it was this weird junk mail person who just stood on my door mat crapping himself. I will admit, I got very aggressive and I threw him out. It didn't help that the idiot kept going in his pocket for something, so I just ran as quickly as I could to push him out my door - how he didn't feel down the steps leading into my home I will never know.

He tried using the 'I got the letter box confused with the door handle Sir'. Very, very poor English.

I couldn't believe it but I decided to call Kate to warn her about it. We won't be leaving the door unlocked much now, as I think he thought nobody would be home and it's scary to think I could have been upstairs.

After that, I helped Kate cook and I cleaned all the pots. I have done some work on PON, upgraded the site in the early hours.

Patched things up, so all's good.

You ought to inform the police @Chris this bloke could be doing this at other houses and may chance upon a vulnerable or old person. We never ever leave our door unlocked as soon as we enter the house we lock the door behind us there are some dodgy people out there.

• Chris unfeatured and locked this topic

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

14 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

You ought to inform the police @Chris this bloke could be doing this at other houses and may chance upon a vulnerable or old person. We never ever leave our door unlocked as soon as we enter the house we lock the door behind us there are some dodgy people out there.

It's been reported to the beat team don't worry.

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

16 hours ago, Lozzle1 said:

Sorry you're not happy in your work, Liampie! There's actually nothing worse (imho) than just turning up at work - when it takes up so much of your life/energy - when you're not happy in what you're doing: but still need to earn a crust to survive.

What work are you looking for? Maybe some of us could keep a look-out for new opportunities, for you? x

its okay, i just dont have faith or trust my existing work place.

i am applying for any jobs at the moment, retail, factory work and just general stuff. i had an interview with morrisons thanks to @CliftonMagpie and i am feeling confident about it.

Archived