Any soap fan among us.?

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

No, not a big fan of them and I never have been. If I wanted to watch soaps, I would pay more attention to the lives I see whilst performing my job.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

We used to watch Coronation Street avidly, If we went on holiday we’d watch the recordings back to back to catch up but then it went downhill and it was the same story lines over and over with different characters and it lost a lot of the humour from the old days with the likes of Stan and Hilda Ogden so we gave up.

Never really liked any others especially Eastenders I tried to get into it when it first started but it’s awful and depressing. So now we don’t watch any.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I very occasionally watch them if nothing else is on and i'm not busy, but its not very often i watch any at all.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I used to watch Home & Away and Neighbours, I always preferred H&A but they went all American on their format and I hate it. I tried watching an episode a few weeks ago and I had to turn it off because it was annoying me.

I like Eastenders, I think they've stayed true to themselves.

Corrie is going all drama based and the plots are going too far now, It's gone from being realistic to the most bizarre street in UK television. Emmerdale is just the same, I can't stand it. How do half of these young people move into a tiny village? It should be middle aged and elderly people. I loved the character Edna, especially when she warmed up to Sam Dingle. It's just unrealistic and I can't stand it now.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

They are on the TV downstairs a lot, I don't watch them unless its interesting and I don't know any of the casts really.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I don't watch soaps, I think they're too focused on being surreal and over the top. Most of the storylines seem for the ratings, rather than producing a good TV show to get them naturally.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

@GrannyPie used to watch Corrie Emmerdale and Home and away.I used to watch with her if I wasn;t busy with something else or if a story line caught my interest.When she came out of hospital 2 christmases ago I put Corrie on for her but she said she wasn't bothered and we haven't watched any soap since.I think @CliftonMagpie has got it spot on above

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

i like me soaps, but they are too far fetched now and half the characters aren't real. Wish i could watch classic Corrie in the afternoons, but its off to work i go, when they come on. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

The trouble with soaps is that some people think that’s how real people live their lives, i.e. ditching your husband/wife at the first bit of trouble and having affairs right left and centre.

Archived