Jon stead as captain.. your thoughts

Magic magpie

The same when he took over, he leads by example and is proving difficult to be replaced or dropped.

In both the Crawley and Macclesfield game I would have taken him off after awhile but he's showing that he can run himself into the ground, I just think it's important Harry Kewell doesn't place too much expectancy on him as he his performances could suffer. Best captain we have had for awhile though!

2 hours ago, Magic magpie said:

Definitely have to agree mate the team has looked better under johns leadership 

hes a model professional and is much calmer than duffy, keeping the squad focused and not rising to bad decisions is helping.

stead brings a calming influence to the team.

3 minutes ago, liampie said:

hes a model professional and is much calmer than duffy, keeping the squad focused and not rising to bad decisions is helping.

stead brings a calming influence to the team.

Well said buddy Crawley in particular tried to annoy him fouls etc but he kept a very calm head which is what we need leads by example 💯

The players all speak about how great Jon Stead is behind the scenes.

Usually this alone is enough to highlight his assets as the captain but I think he's a proper leader on the pitch. He's passionate, gives 100% and even when he's having an off day with his performance he still shows that professionalism that an experienced head offers.

• ARLukomski changed the title to Jon stead as captain.. your thoughts

Archived