The financial cutbacks will start now...

Piethagoram

There will be plenty of people urging Hardy to "put his hand into his pocket"...but with a club losing approx £30k a week , we may be in a serious financial hole if relegation occurs. Players will want out now as they dont want a relegation out of the EFL on their cv's. Maybe Turley and Ward will get released now, on purely cost saving grounds

Rumours of Stead interesting bradford, Hewitt likewise for Salford, and Hemmings mentioned today. Players will go.... but there will be a unjustfied backlash of "Club not being ambitious"...but our ambition has come with a real financial reality

Feeling down as my beloved Notts are in deed heading downwards..... can we attract any quality to save this club?

Cost are way out of hand I’m shocked the financial fair play rule hasnt come in to affect its know that Alan is loosening money and he’s over soentnon bringing players in the only way to attract players is to let players go that are not performing to free up funds to get players in. 

its scary to think about how major the cut backs will be because there is a risk that clubs may ball park low offers for the players that can dig us out of this mess. if hardy feels forced to sell, we may end up with rubbish like richard duffy still on the playing cards.

Certain higher payed players will surely be on their way out in mind of replacing them with a cheaper squad than can play every week and show a better game of football, but its not our decision so it all remains to be seen who will be gone.

Think there's going to be further staff losses like we have seen previously, it's all second guesses though. The club should try to invest over the next 2-3 years in the catering side of things, if they did something for the average fan they would get heaps of people wanting to take part. The fancy stuff isn't football, it's just brass necks rubbing together and it's not really a 'fan experience'.

I am sure it's nice but the fact there's no football shirts allowed is a complete joke.

Letting our better players go would be madness - the cost of going down would be far greater than keeping Hemmings on the books, he's the one I player I can see scoring us out of trouble. If Turley and Ward are on short-term deals then they could well be on their way to make room for signings. We have a big wage bill becaue we have a badly assembled squad, but we're not going to be able to fix that in January.

As for the catering stuff, I don't know how things are now but before we went into administration Notts used to make a big profit from conference and banqueting that cushioned the losses the club made elsewhere. It doesn't really matter if it's not for ordinary fans, if it subsidises our team then I'm all for it. The trouble with cutbacks is that they can actually end up costing more in the long run.

I don’t blame AH for cutting back the squad if at all possible it’s way to big and full of underperformers , a lesson must be learned from this season of poor recruitment, we have to cut our cloth accordingly wherever we play  our football next season. 

As for players not wanting a relegation out of the football league on there  cv’s , well just maybe they should alter that selfish attitude to one of putting there all in to making sure it doesn’t happen, any that has such a pathetic attitude really don’t deserve to be a professional footballer let alone to be one at our proud club , for me they can go the sooner the better. As above very difficult to do much of this in a January window , difficult times ahead . 

Is Duffy really on such low wages that hes being kept on even if he plays bad 99% of the time.

Cut backs need to be on the right players... near enough every january transfer window we seem to be dissappointed by whos been let go.

Some of the peers in my age group really embarrass the club with some of their half hearted words of wisdom.
People need to support Notts better.

I disagree. We don’t need to support Notts better, Notts need to make themselves worth supporting better. The onus is on the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Magic magpie said:

The financial cut back have already started and allowingn players to leave that bleed county and play for the team is outrageous and highly stupid. 

Players like Duffy who bring nothing to the team but have a high wage bill he should of been the first to leave in my opinion.

But how can he leave when he has a 2 year contract (I believe)...... there has to be a "buyer"!!!

What is "highly stupid" is putting #Notts at real risk financially

The financial cut back have already started and allowingn players to leave that bleed county and play for the team is outrageous and highly stupid. 
Players like Duffy who bring nothing to the team but have a high wage bill he should of been the first to leave in my opinion.

What is he being paid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Piethagoram said:

But how can he leave when he has a 2 year contract (I believe)...... there has to be a "buyer"!!!

Different circumstances but Frank Lampard has the same problem with my Rams as Neal Ardley has with our Magpies.As  @Piethagoramsays -there has to be a buyer and highly paid players don't want to take a drop in wages ,so they just sit tight and let their contract run down.Quite a few of The Rams signings in recent years have turned out to be expensive flops or no improvement on players already available.I don't blame Mel Morris(Our owner and chairman) any more than I blame Alan Hardy with notts.Both have backed their respective managers but have been let down with the advice they have been given.

5 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

As I thought it was a one year deal it was only the new players that was given that deal .. guys like stead and Duffy i believe are on a year’s contract 

Archived