Guardian article on Notts

Piethagoram

Some horrible truths in the article. One thing I don't agree with is the way he thinks Forest players were the only reason for us doing well. Yes Yates and Grant were key but they weren't the only reason why we were doing well. We had momentum from the 16/17 season, we had leaders and we played a style which played to the teams strength

22 minutes ago, ARLukomski said:

Some horrible truths in the article. Only thing I don't agree with is the way he thinks Forest players were the only reason for us doing well. Yes Yates and Grant were key but they weren't the only reason why we were doing well. We had momentum from the 16/17 season, we had leaders and we played a style which played to the teams strength

its boring and tinted red, nothing worth reading.

not a single word is new or meaningful, just a pointless rant for me.

26 minutes ago, liampie said:

its boring and tinted red, nothing worth reading.

not a single word is new or meaningful, just a pointless rant for me.

I agree that it has been written with a tint of red. Some things in the piece, most Notts fans knew about like the 3 million pound wage bill and that he's been a bit of a prat on Twitter

9 minutes ago, ARLukomski said:

I agree that it has been written with a tint of red. Some things in the piece, most Notts fans knew about like the 3 million pound wage bill and that he's been a bit of a prat on Twitter

It's not very original for me, I have read two similar pieces and whereas I feel the Forest players on loan helped. They wasn't the reason the club enjoyed a successful season last year, that's due to all the internal changes and loss of key staff.

Alan Hardy taking full control it would seem over decisions.

9 hours ago, ivansneck said:

Let’s not forget that Daniel Taylor is the journalist who exposed the child abuse across football. For that alone he should have got an award from the FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure he can take the full credit for that, there had been reports earlier and people swept 'em under carpets.

This piece is tinted red, nothing really new was told and I find writing like this quite pointless myself. His opinion on Notts isn't one most would care about, yet he seems to think we will. Pretty deluded.

I thought it was a good article - while much of it will be familiar to us, let's remember it's aimed at a much broader audience than just Notts fans. Some of it was uncomfortable reading, but still true. Gets a bit self-indulgent at the end though with F*rest's claim to be older than Stoke - who cares?

While I don't think our success was just down to Grant and Yates (which he doesn't claim anyway), Grant decided so many narrow games in our favour in the first half of the season. I doubt we'd have been in an automatic promotion spot without him. And frankly I'd feel a lot more confident about staying up if him and Tyler Walker were turning out at Meadow Lane instead of Field Mill.

Unfortunately for the author, our chairman completely stole his thunder by showing his meat and two veg to the world and now it's not even the most-read article on Notts on the Guardian website!

I'm not sure he can take the full credit for that, there had been reports earlier and people swept 'em under carpets.
This piece is tinted red, nothing really new was told and I find writing like this quite pointless myself. His opinion on Notts isn't one most would care about, yet he seems to think we will. Pretty deluded.

You couldn’t be more wrong. He was the only one to name the paedophiles. The FA and the clubs tried very hard to stop him. Think how many sports journalists there are. None of the others had the guts and tenacity to ‘out’ these horrific crimes.

1 hour ago, ivansneck said:

You couldn’t be more wrong. He was the only one to name the paedophiles. The FA and the clubs tried very hard to stop him. Think how many sports journalists there are. None of the others had the guts and tenacity to ‘out’ these horrific crimes.

That's down to opinions.

I suppose Andy Woodward and many others have nothing to do with it either. It's not really brave for a reporter to do his job, it's not like he's dealing with the mafia and at the end of the day I would have assumed he gathered the story from other sources, so little to no credit for me but what do I know. Stories like this are the type most journalists wait a life time to break, it's big news. I am certain others would have.

That's down to opinions.
I suppose Andy Woodward and many others have nothing to do with it either. It's not really brave for a reporter to do his job, it's not like he's dealing with the mafia and at the end of the day I would have assumed he gathered the story from other sources, so little to no credit for me but what do I know. Stories like this are the type most journalists wait a life time to break, it's big news. I am certain others would have.

None of the others did though did they?

22 hours ago, Magic magpie said:

Tend not to read the rag full size or not .. the only source I listen to is the official site. I haven’t read it cause I feel it’s gojng to be full of crap papers tend to bend to make things fit.

Some other sources have better news and reports. Very long ones do put some peoole off though.

Archived