Match Discussion: Game 41 - Cobblers (H)

PON_News

Game 41 - Cobblers (H)

Team: Northampton Town

Date: 06/04/19

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

So going in to Saturday it’s in our own hands still so it’s a must win. We need to get control of the game from the start scoring first would help improve the lads confidence. The defence needs to stay confident and as one protecting Schofield the defence can’t just lump the ball up field it needs to be precise passes and confident. The midfield need to support the defence and make sure also making sure the passes get to the attacking two this is imperative if we can create chances and score.

It needs to be a win or we are risking being relegated.

have they picked up yet? i would feel much more content knowing that some of our fans would write the game off.

I think the game should be quite open, both teams will want to pass and it might start slow. I do think it will be entertaining or at least I hope, it's going to be a tough one, but hopefully we can make the most of it.

The form is important at this stage, so if we concede the players must pull together to get on with it.

Not long left till the match I’m buzzing I can’t wait .. sorry Northampton your my second home but the magpies is my team #loyalty ... come on county nothing but 3 points will do...

It’s anyone’s guess what Notts side will turn up tomorrow, whoever the gaffer picks.

its no coincidence that performances have improved since Tootle returned and Rose moved into midfield. Let’s just hope to god we can pull this off. 

Play the same team as last saturday and bring back 3 points

It was hard to bypass the poor officiating, the lack of control really became apparent and it made things a little unnecessary.

I felt the game was quite entertaining, Notts started off brightly, but as @Magic magpie pointed out - Powell is a powerhouse for them and he looked a threat. I felt his end product was a waste and then boom, he scored! It was very disappointing. The napping was quite obvious and it just seemed to drag. I didn't see the sending off, I don't feel anyone should be harsh on Ryan Schofield though.

Mistakes happen and I heard Les Bradd talking to him after the game, he mentioned the Northampton player ran into his hand and Les felt the player dived.

It was just one of them, but there's a lot of positives, yes, we didn't get many shots on target but hey we scored twice!

I'd always take a point when 10 men defended so bravely! 

Wow what a game today was the sending off the free kick that lead to the goal Notts going ahead .. bloody Nora what a game. 

The first half was positive we scored first but unfortunately we fell asleep and Powell who is a power house and a quality player scored the equaliser. 

The second half we conceded and the card and from there I thought we defended bloody well had the mentality of sticking together the players clears attempts of the line and played well. 

But we did scored stead ran his legs off and Hemmings so impressed with him but we never gave up we kept going and going.