Derbyshire road the most dangerous in the country

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  732
  • Days Won:  3

b711ce40-9e3a-11e9-bffb-8cae87b62fe7

How many Notts fans have driven this way on Saturday or even over the years? I have always thought it was dangerous, yet here's the proof.

Revealed: This is the UK's most dangerous road

The A5004 from Buxton to Whaley Bridge in Derbyshire is Britain’s most dangerous road (Geograph)

The most dangerous roads in the country have been revealed - and they account for nearly two thirds of fatal crashes.

Despite Britain having some of the safest roads in the world, a study by the Road Safety Foundation (RSF) found that 60% of deaths on our roads between 2015 and 2017 happened on just 12.5% of the network.

Topping the list of Britain’s most dangerous road is the A5004 from Buxton to Whaley Bridge in Derbyshire - a 7.5-mile single carriageway A-road that saw 16 serious of fatal crashes between 2012 and 2017.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/revealed-this-is-the-u-ks-most-dangerous-road-094510430.html

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'd imagine many fans have travelled this way, I know I did during several hiking trips that I went on when I was younger and the scary thing for me is the fact many drivers speed during the most dangerous point.

Absolute madness.

Mind, have you seen some of the roads in South America? I watched a truck show a while back and that scared the life out of me.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i dont drive but probably have been along the road in someone elses car. i am surprised with how smart the uk claims to be that they have not made it safer, i mean health and safety is taking over everywhere else but our streets.

play grounds dont have tall slides now, yet dangerous roads and pot holes are fine.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

That picture makes it look very spooky, imagine it at night and how dangerous that bend really can be. 😵

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

It doesnt really look like a road i'd like to go on and i dont mind heights.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

Many roads are dangerous in the East Midlands, the UK for a nation always doing road works never seems to catch up with places like Spain or Germany where its very uncommon to see poor conditions.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

5 minutes ago, allardyces tash said:

Many roads are dangerous in the East Midlands, the UK for a nation always doing road works never seems to catch up with places like Spain or Germany where its very uncommon to see poor conditions.

Come to Darmstadt - the potholes here will knock your fillings out! :D

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

There’s quiet a log of dangerous roads in the East Midlands but this is definitely one of the more dangerous roads. It’s a road I’m not fond of using 

Archived