wealdstone 4 games ago

liampie

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

something i think can put a little perspective into the ardley out situation is that 4 games ago, newly promoted weadstone sat bottom of the table with minus 4 goal difference.

they looked doomed having being beaten by stockport 5-2 at their own ground.

since they have gone on a winning streak of 4 games, this has changed everything for them and now they sit 3rd. tomorrow they play again, they face halifax away and could go 2nd. notts has 2 games over sutton who sit 4th. beating stockport could push notts as high as 6th place. a winning streak for notts could change form, performance and reflect better in the national league table.

there is still a long way to go.

the club tried getting fans behind our last winning streak of 3 games, hopefully we can start a new roll.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

Before their winning streak, they look piss poor but good in their attack.

I see a similarity with Notts @liampie.

Defensively we should have done much better, against Dover, Maidenhead etc. It grim before our own winning streak with calls for Neal Ardley's head then, I am afraid this will always happen when we lose but re-starting our own winning streak would lift morale within the Notts squad.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  310
  • Days Won:  0

A good run would help especially defensively, we seem to be the curators of own pressure in this area of the pitch.

I think Neal Ardley would be wise just to stick at things, but try to improve the issue with set pieces and try to get the midfield to be more of a driving engine. At any point Notts could reinforce the squad provided there's money remaining, so there is no concern about slipping to the other end of the table for me.

14 minutes ago, thommo said:

I see a similarity with Notts @liampie.

being more creative and clinical would help the defence, i just feel we need to press a lot more.

deal with the ball at the earliest opportunity, we should have won maidenhead. this league is a ugly one but i do feel the signs are there that this season could be more promising than the last if results can come our way.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Clubs always aim to start a good run, it brings so much positivity.

It's possible that we can grind some good results together, which would lift performances and remove any unnecessary pressure.

The players know what the expectations are, what is required and, I wonder just how much of the recent performances can be put down to over thinking things? I just want to see the players express themselves, have fun and just deal with any threats. It's very early days, a few weeks would push Notts up.

At the same time any negativity could result in Notts struggling.

Thankfully, those negative fans won't have much bearing on the games since stupid comments can't be shouted at the live games. :D 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

The Ardley out brigade need to shut up, we all know where chopping and changing of Managers has got us. COYP

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

A winning streak would make a difference, but realistically if we can grab 10 points from the next 4 games I will be happy.

Better form should come once other clubs start needing to balance things.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

Football is like that, isn't it?

I think some people genuinely care, others just like being a sound peace for "better" but offer no support to improve. I would be interested to see what the club thinks, but I think the fact no announcement has been made regarding the sacking of Neal Ardley, that might say it all.

Notts has to get back to winning ways.

Better performances would lift some of the reasonable concern.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

Wealdstone fans didn't panic when they started slowly, now they believe they could push for promotion.

Belief and support, that positivity can not be beaten.

Negativity, always calling for a managers head ends up with a case study just like Notts County Football Club.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

I do wonder how many of those fans with itchy fingers to sack Neal Ardley right now, have complained about previous owners doing exactly the same thing.

The club could pull the trigger now, which seems early but there could be rewards for waiting.

Wealdstone are only one comparison, I hope they continue to do well. It's good to see an underdog in their posi

• 3 weeks later...

how different things can be with a little faith and positivity, being a supporter for means to get behind the club and try to make a difference. 👍🏻

i think my point here has been proven.

Archived