Match Discussion: Game 21 - The Moors (A)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,352
  • Days Won:  81

Game 21 - The Moors (A)

Team: Solihull Moors

Date: 26/01/2021

Where: Damson Park

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,114
  • Days Won:  54

Solihull play at bit like us by all accounts, so it could be a case of two teams cancelling each other out – I’m not expecting a goal fest especially considering our lack of goals at the moment.

Sounds like Brindley won’t be available, so D-KE to RB and Miller in at LB? I'd be surprised if Chicksen started. And It’ll be interesting to see if Reeves and Doyle continue to play as the CMs. I’m still not sure which formation suits us best this season. Assuming we want to play with Rodrigues the 4-2-3-1 probably just edges it for me…

Head says another 0-0 but I hope we can win it.

• Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

14 hours ago, menzinho said:

Solihull play at bit like us by all accounts, so it could be a case of two teams cancelling each other out – I’m not expecting a goal fest especially considering our lack of goals at the moment.

Sounds like Brindley won’t be available, so D-KE to RB and Miller in at LB? I'd be surprised if Chicksen started. And It’ll be interesting to see if Reeves and Doyle continue to play as the CMs. I’m still not sure which formation suits us best this season. Assuming we want to play with Rodrigues the 4-2-3-1 probably just edges it for me…

Head says another 0-0 but I hope we can win it.

Hope the game is on as it could be our last of this season, or at least one of our last games.

Chicksen is an odd one, he hasn't even been mentioned recently. Assuming Brindley is out (which is a shame because he was excellent against Torquay), I'd go with the following:
lineup (6).png

Reeves' form has dropped recently and it could be a good moment to give Wolfe a start. 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Solihull are a tough nut to crack. They are a point above us with a game in hand. Looking at the table, we can't really afford to lose this game. We are in a real battle just to make the playoffs which to be fair is disappointing given the squad we have. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

they have pearce now at centre back? would have been good to get him back here as he has experience.

think it will be down to how our midfield players and if we can keep focused throughout the game, i cant see it being lively on the goal front.

• Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

Very, very poor. Notts playing their usual way, too slow, no creativity and no cutting edge. Miller, Enzio, Effiong and Wootton all been poor. Not as poor as Reeves however, who has been dire.

Solihull the better side. 

Get Rodrigues on ffs.

Supporter+

Hopefully Notts can nick it. Solihull are playing well. No fear. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

What an awful performance, yet again from Notts.

More statics at Meadow Lane that there is at Skegness! 

If this continues, there will be serious calls for Ardleys head. The negative tactics are shown up for what they are. Roberts kept the attacks alive. Now we look so disjointed.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

jimmy knowles might get some credit finally by those who continually unappreciated him. then again, the same happens with enzio until nights like today and then he cant do anything wrong until he goes quiet for several games.

ruben rodrigues is class, hes extremely composed and skilful.

2-0!! wootton with both. :D 

Supporter+

Vital win. Performance wasn't great but the win papers over that. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

80 minutes of pure rubbish and ten minutes of actual movement and imagination. 
Whoever thinks Doyle, Reeves and JOB all starting is a good idea needs to have a word with themselves.

As the commentary said, depends how you view it. Either terrible starting team or good substitutions.

Knowles, RR changed the game. Enzio will always divide fans. All depends how you view games. For me, I’d start him every match, regardless, especially with such a static middle.

Supporter+

We needed the 3 points badly. We got the 3 points. NA will argue that it is job done and of course he is right but..............

We have the best squad in the division. There is no way on this earth that we should be 13 points behind Torquay, I know we have games in hand, but we should be a hell of a lot closer with the players at our disposal. Some of the defeats we have suffered are real head shakers because we all know if the team was let loose we would have won those games. I have nothing against NA. I just find him too cautious. He gives other teams too much respect. We are the biggest club in this league by a mile, it's time we started letting other teams know that and play in a manner befitting a club of our stature. That's not arrogance. That's reality. 

I needed to get that out. I feel better now........

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1,114
  • Days Won:  54

It was a strange game, Ardley said he thought it would be more open. Solihull did have a lot of players behind the ball but that’s no excuse for being as poor as we were particularly in the first half. At the moment we’re relying on moments of magic to win us games, which hardly ideal!

I get the frustrations, early on in the season we were scoring but conceding - now we’ve fixed the conceding part we need to rediscover that scoring part again! I still find it odd that we’re only 16 games into the season… And I think I can look at that as a positive. Under Ardley the team seems to need a run of games to get going, we had our best spell last year over the Christmas/NY period we continued that into the second half of the season but sadly had to stop playing just when we’d won 5/5!

I’m hopeful we can replicate that type of form again.

Edited by menzinho