• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  36

We don't need JOB now that Messi has become available on a free! 😜

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

3 hours ago, Chris said:

I'd be more bothered about losing DKE than I would JOB, but I do hope both signs.

I think if Doyle does end up being used as backup/rotation, then the experienced head would fall onto O'Brien's shoulder.

Brooks signed. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

palmer too 👍

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  2

It's good to have some youngsters around the first team, good luck to palmer and brooks this season.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I have a feeling Jim will be leaving to sign for a League Two team, I know some are speculating that he will join Neal Ardley's Solihull Moors but I think he will be the type of player most mid to relegation tier L2 clubs would want.

• Content Count:  1,053
  • Days Won:  54

I do wonder if Dion Kelly-Evans and Jim O'Brien are moving on, everyone else has been announced now and I thought after Chicksen we'd get D-KE and JO'B quite quickly after...

I think by the end of a season a player knows if they want to stay at a club or not, so I'm surprised they're still potentially mulling things over and I get the feeling both are quite happy here.

The more days that pass the more sceptical I am about them re-signing...

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

13 hours ago, menzinho said:

I do wonder if Dion Kelly-Evans and Jim O'Brien are moving on, everyone else has been announced now and I thought after Chicksen we'd get D-KE and JO'B quite quickly after...

I think by the end of a season a player knows if they want to stay at a club or not, so I'm surprised they're still potentially mulling things over and I get the feeling both are quite happy here.

The more days that pass the more sceptical I am about them re-signing...

I don’t expect either to sign on now. I would also be surprised if the club didn’t set a ‘deadline’ for all the offers to accept or decline and surely it wouldn’t have been this long?

DKE as right back in a four was fine. Energetic and passionate. As wingback to attack, not so much due to inability to put in consistent crosses.

JoB. A rough season. Came into his own with IB coming in, like a lot of players, but I’m pretty sure the manager would have replacements on his list who are younger and faster and less error prone.

• Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Just now, Feral Fox said:

Great news. Happy with everybody re-signing, now for the new arrivals :) 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I suspect DKE will follow either tomorrow or Thursday, great news regarding Jim.

One of the more interesting things during the interviews has been the obvious keenness to play under IB. Professionals don’t throw out words such as we’ve thrown the shackles off etc… on a regular basis, but I think the lads are obviously much happier now the negative instructions from Ardley have gone. At the end of the day, they want to go out there and perform. They’re entertainers and when the boss is saying this is the shape, it’s all clear to them they can go and do what they do best..end of season showed it works better than the respect the point crap from Ardley.

2 hours ago, Chris said:

I suspect DKE will follow either tomorrow or Thursday, great news regarding Jim.

If he does, I hope, for me anyway, it’s as backup. Not as first choice right wingback. Not good enough for that and to go for automatic, we need every position to be full of quality.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

On 06/07/2021 at 18:35, Feral Fox said:

If he does, I hope, for me anyway, it’s as backup. Not as first choice right wingback. Not good enough for that and to go for automatic, we need every position to be full of quality.

Incredibly harsh, this.

DKE did a superb job filling in at left back, playing as a wing back should suite him even more considering he started as a winger at Coventry.

Between him and Richard Brindley, we are quite strong on the right but Brindley seems to be getting eyed up as more of a centre back under Ian Burchnall. Either way, Kelly-Evans provided last season that we have a capable player that can get Notts into those attacking spaces.

14 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

Incredibly harsh, this.

DKE did a superb job filling in at left back, playing as a wing back should suite him even more considering he started as a winger at Coventry.

Between him and Richard Brindley, we are quite strong on the right but Brindley seems to be getting eyed up as more of a centre back under Ian Burchnall. Either way, Kelly-Evans provided last season that we have a capable player that can get Notts into those attacking spaces.

Disagree. His final ball was terrible last year. He does get into the attacking spaces, but his crosses are non existent or blocked. As a right back, no issue at all. Both him and Brindley are solid and, as you say, DKE, offers cover for both and is committed enough to do any job asked of him.

As the manager has said we won’t be using a flat back four, then imo, he is not enough to be classed as a league winning wingback.

Archived