Chesterfield

gtownjohnno

I can't say I've heard of him, looking at his wiki he's not really played many times - bar Halifax. I'm not suggesting it's not a good signing though.

Hopefully, Notts goes for a blend of proven, experienced and upcoming.

Whilst they have started to recruit well, I don't think we should be worrying. This is not due to me underestimating them but, we have our way of recruiting, that determines who fits our style and who we ultimately sign. We should be focused on ourselves and what we're good at and using our methods to build a team that will challenge for the title. Kyle Cameron is an excellent signing and if we start as we mean to go on, then we could have a very good season. With Calvin Miller going, then maybe our team think there was potentially better out there and are looking at signing other players for that position. Miller may have gone there, but I have trust in IB, RM and our analysis/recruitment team to bring in a player who can play a big part in our season.

focus on ourselves, yeovil has signed jordan bennett probably only due to the goal he scored against them. calvin miller joining chesterfield will probably be down to that one performance and us wanting him.

we dont even know if notts actually went in for miller.

I'm now thinking that we weren't after Calvin Miller. He was released before the National League play-offs and so if we wanted him between the time he was released and the time our season ended, we would have just offered him a contract. 

It can't be because Chesterfield are offering a better contract than us, otherwise we would have just offered him a contract. Money clearly isn't a problem, otherwise we wouldn't be giving Jamie Sterry a lucrative offer to join us.

Archived