Scouts Watching Ruben

menzinho

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/notts-county-rodrigues-ruben-grimsby-6137392

It seems inevitable that he will move higher at some point but if a club bids for him in January would you sell him? And how much is he worth? I think he’s got 1 ½ yrs left on his contract (so it runs until June 2023) and usually the shorter the contract length the cheaper a player’s value is, so if you wait until the summer would you get considerably less?

I think the only way he potentially stays here is if we get promoted this season, but a big bid in January would be hard to turn down…

18 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

It would have to be a big bid, with significant sell on % clauses

I would put Sam and Knight on the transfer list too for January

I would also hope that a similar player has been identified (for Ruben) as a replacement

Perhaps harsh on Knight. Coming back from a long term injury to suffer another one instantly.

Sam I agree with - he doesn't look like he has adapted, or will adapt. 

I'd say Ruben's worth is about 200-250k. Would we be happy with that? I think we should look more 350k + to let go. 

Scouts have been watching Ruben Rodrigues for some time, including Wolves.

I recall last season being told about various clubs and, actually speaking to someone who was reported to be a scout, but he only asked me about Ruben and I didn't ask where he was from or anything like that.

It's nothing really new, but with him having another good season with us - its naturally drawing attention.

The article I read whilst on holiday, regarding Ruben having attracted interest won't help. That will alert others, whilst making some fans resent Ruben for wanting to better his playing career. For the most part, it's a non story that got turned into something way more than it actually was. Yet, I am surprised to think some fans wouldn't suspect clubs to be scouting him. There are scouts at every match, watching various players.

Including, Kyle Wootton who will be the next 'sensation' to be linked with a League One move.

When Sorba Thomas went to Huddersfield from Boreham Wood, someone reported the alleged fee, I think it was around £500,000 and he was 21. Ruben is 25... Does that play into it?

I think we’d do well to get £500,000, £250-350k is more realistic for me too. I guess it depends on what level he ends up at but I think the only way we get a really big fee is if he's got 15-20 goals by Jan!

And @Chris if Wolves did come in for him, wow that would be a massive step up!

39 minutes ago, menzinho said:

Also just had a horrible thought, Wrexham and Stockport probably have more money than most L1/L2 clubs. Hopefully they aren't interested... We'd get a good fee but strengthening our rivals 🤢

That would be utter madness on our part!

Was always going to happen as it’s the business model nowadays I think he will definitely go at the end of the season, with regards to January I think that will be dependent on the offer and our league position we just have to enjoy watching him while we can. I’m hopeful out owners and recruitment team will have replacements lined up and will reinvest any money wisely. I think we will just have to get used to seeing these great players for a few years then them moving onto higher levels 

Archived