Goals Scored: 5

Goals Conceded: 17

Carlisle United: WLDLLD
Goals Scored: 4
Goals Conceded: 6

Last Time We Met
Saturday 28th September 2013

Carlisle United 2-1 Notts County
Goal Scorer(s) - McGregor (27 min) Robson (41 min) and Amoo (54 min).

Carlisle United: Gillespie, Townsend, Livesey, O'Hanlon, McSweeney, Noble, Thirwell, Berrett, Robson, Amoo, Beck.
Used Subs: Symington (30), and Potts (85).

Notts County: Bialkowski, Dumbuya, Sheehan, Liddle, Leacock, Labadie, Fotheringham, Boucaud, Grealish, McGregor, Haynes.
Used Subs: Haber (58) Arquin (73) and Smith (80).

http://www.prideofnottingham.co.uk/home/news/the-match-officials-r274' target='_blank'>Match Officials » - http://prideofnottingham.co.uk/community/topic/1427-carlisle-united-h-will-you-be-attending/' target='_blank'>Attendance Thread » - http://www.prideofnottingham.co.uk/home/news/stat-attack-notts-county-v-carlisle-united-r275' target='_blank'>Match Preview »

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

WIN!!!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

we should have won them a way from home! i thought they had got their act together but its not the case, this might be good for us. being at home and playing a side equally as poor as us, we could get the vital win we need. i dont think surviving is realistic, i would be annoyed to go down having lost more games we should have done much better in! coyp

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

2 poor sides. Both are on a bad run. Home advantage should tell. Pies win......

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The interesting aspect for me here is the ability we have when we play good football, yes it's not coming across all the time and for me the fault lies with the defending. Yet, we have the ability to score and dominate when the opposition is very weak. We made a good side like Coventry appear to be very 'regular' and yes, other teams have also achieved this which might suggest that they're inconsistent but Coventry are a lot better than both us and Carlisle.

If we can get the ball, hold it and pressure them. I see us easily being able to break them!

The problem I see, is they know how to break us. They refused to let the ball go on the ground and although we deserved to beat them, they did well to take their chances and I am afraid we might be stung again.

A lot will go down to the midfield, if we can get them running and picking up. The job should be done, so I will say 2-0 to Notts.

At least I hope so!

The interesting aspect for me here is the ability we have when we play good football, yes it's not coming across all the time and for me the fault lies with the defending. Yet, we have the ability to score and dominate when the opposition is very weak. We made a good side like Coventry appear to be very 'regular' and yes, other teams have also achieved this which might suggest that they're inconsistent but Coventry are a lot better than both us and Carlisle.

If we can get the ball, hold it and pressure them. I see us easily being able to break them!

The problem I see, is they know how to break us. They refused to let the ball go on the ground and although we deserved to beat them, they did well to take their chances and I am afraid we might be stung again.

A lot will go down to the midfield, if we can get them running and picking up. The job should be done, so I will say 2-0 to Notts.

At least I hope so!

yeah the highlights did seem to show them noticing our flaws quickly, hope we claim an impressive victory!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Please,please give us a win Notts

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  23
  • Days Won:  0

WIN !! COYP ! 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

I think if we win, we need to stick to being prepared.

I can see Notts pulling out and dropping back in, carlisle are poor and i do not see them beating us. this will be a home win or a draw! 

• Content Count:  486

I think if we win, we need to stick to being prepared.

I can see Notts pulling out and dropping back in, carlisle are poor and i do not see them beating us. this will be a home win or a draw!

.........And for our English speaking posters could you possibly write that in coherent sentences please? We need to stick to being prepared - I can see Notts pulling out & dropping back in. They are random words which have no link or correlation. Have you been drinking at all?

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,234
  • Days Won:  69

Get the defence sorted out otherwise Notts will have to score at least 3 goals to stand a chance! I think Notts are capable of scoring 2,3 or even more on Saturday but this could all be in vain if the defence continues to leak.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

.........And for our English speaking posters could you possibly write that in coherent sentences please? We need to stick to being prepared - I can see Notts pulling out & dropping back in. They are random words which have no link or correlation. Have you been drinking at all?

Do you need to question upthepies? Especially to insinuate hes been drinking?

Yes his post is a little confusing, however I personally don't see what this as to do with our game against Carlisle. Please don't be personal Pies4u, you could have asked him to simply explain his views.

We're better than to start on each other, plus we never know if the other person is dyslexic or something.

@upthepies I'm not saying you are! Your posts are usually informative, perhaps a rushed post. :)

• Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Do you need to question upthepies? Especially to insinuate hes been drinking?

Yes his post is a little confusing, however I personally don't see what this as to do with our game against Carlisle. Please don't be personal Pies4u, you could have asked him to simply explain his views.

We're better than to start on each other, plus we never know if the other person is dyslexic or something.

@upthepies I'm not saying you are! Your posts are usually informative, perhaps a rushed post. :)

Agreed, let's keep it friendly.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Last chance saloon

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

Its not a problem Joe, I just rushed when typing as I am not a phone person really. After reading my post I can see why, though responses fly over my head and its not going to start a verbal fight on here. Basically, I meant that I can see Notts pulling out of the relegation zone but falling back in. Carlisle are a poor side, they managed to dig in and do similar but I expect them to also drop back inside. With the home advantage, I cannot see them beating us. I see this being a home win or a draw at the least but now is the time the players should try to be more prepared.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743

I think and hope @Pies4u was just joking here and I'm pleased to see that @upthepies has taken it in good part..We all make mistakes when posting ,but as @tonyhateley says -lets keep it friendly.

• Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I think and hope @Pies4u was just joking here and I'm pleased to see that @upthepies has taken it in good part..We all make mistakes when posting ,but as @tonyhateley says -lets keep it friendly.

Sometimes the written word can come across more brash than is intended and can be taken the wrong way, maybe that was the case here.

i can see why joe felt the need to step in, i would just drop it myself as i find both @Pies4u and @upthepies to be great posters.

carlisle are a poor side, so are we. if we start games well, we tend to do better. notts mentioned our wins have all come from high gates, so hopefully more will go down but i fear not. at least should be able to win them, home soil and with a better option upfront than when we played carlisle last time.

i see tyson bagging his first goal!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,234
  • Days Won:  69

i can see why joe felt the need to step in, i would just drop it myself as i find both @Pies4u and @upthepies to be great posters.

carlisle are a poor side, so are we. if we start games well, we tend to do better. notts mentioned our wins have all come from high gates, so hopefully more will go down but i fear not. at least should be able to win them, home soil and with a better option upfront than when we played carlisle last time.

i see tyson bagging his first goal!

A good time for Tyson to open his account and spread a bit of optimism.

• Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

We could really use a win here, if we do I can see it changing little. I can't be optimistic but I do think we will win them.

2-0..

• Content Count:  486

Quite! It was supposed to be a light hearted retort. Sorry if it has caused offence.

It may have failed but it wasn't intended to be personal, it is what passes for a laugh in some circles. Glad most folks could see it for what it is, just about. Keep smiling.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I thought you were joking, as i read it a few times.

I guess we're still nervous and touchy about the other site and it seeping into here. 

I think most people on here are more than that.

We are Notts, We Move on ;)  

Archived