Leyton Orient vs Notts County

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Rooted bottom of the league it's not where Orient will want to be and they're good enough in my opinion to move a way from there, so this should be a warning for us. They aren't any push overs, just a side which are struggling and quite desperate to find some sort of form within League One.

I do think we have the quality to beat them, however I am nervous as to how we will respond after Saturday.

If we end up losing, it would be a concern but I still won't be thinking 'relegation' as this is typical football but what Derry needs to do is settle the squad and tactics, allowing the players to actually play the way he wants. I don't blame SD but I do think he's starting to panic, you can see this watching him in games. At the start of the season he barely argued with the officials, now it's almost every decision and I actually miss him being composed and cool.

Notts really need to make sure they can get crosses in with our strikers in the box, we need to gamble at every situation because it will pay off. The defence will hopefully do a sound job on Tuesday, with the midfield helping them out.

I think we will lose 2-1 though, I hate to say that.

Thoughts?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Cut out the indiscipline,concentrate on the football and defend resolutely.Keep a clean sheet and we get at least a point.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Definitely cut out the indiscipline and that should start from the top with Shaun and Greg. Will Carroll get another yellow to add to his 8 he has already? Absolutely ridiculous for a goalie to get 8 bookings, he's a great goalie and has saved us many a time but I am beginning to question his mentality.

Hopefully Notts can get a win if we get back to playing how we can Bajner badly needs to score then hopefully more will follow because I believe he can be very good for us but he has a lot of expectation on his shoulders and it is affecting his game.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  0

Well it could be all downhill from here, Notts have to be better. Leyton Orient are points we should take but we lose because we do not do enough! Better performances and we will push on again.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

We haven't beaten Leyton Orient since 2012. 2 draws and 3 defeats, including that 5-1 trashing that still gives me nightmares. I cannot understand how Orient are bottom. I thought they would avoid relegation but now I'm not so sure. They are almost as inconsistent as we are. They managed a draw at PNE but lost 5-1 at home to Scunthorpe. They have more of an attacking threat than us. I hate to say it but......

2-0 to them.

Sigh........

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I am just going to go hide in a hole..... la la la... not listening...

oh alright we are going to get battered ..... 3-1 to them and with Roy either booked or sent off

• Content Count:  896
  • Days Won:  3

We will thrash them, no worries!

Notts will soon be flying up the league, you all will see. if not, mid table is perfectly acceptable.

No Hollis, no partner upfront for Bajner.

I do think we might realize how much we rely on a certain player, yet I just hope it's the kick they require because progress is very much better with them as part of the squad. This said, I think it's deserved but no 2nd striker? .....

Notts starting XI - Carroll, Dumbuya, Mullins, Edwards, Adams, G Thompson, Noble, C Thompson, Jones, Hayhurst, Bajner

COME ON YOU PIES!!

• Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

Hollis on the bench seems sensible, really hope we can get a win tonight, it's starting to reach the point where games are must win. COYP

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Hollis on the bench seems sensible, really hope we can get a win tonight, it's starting to reach the point where games are must win. COYP

I really am glad Hollis has been dropped. The defence so far...has stood up to a lot of pressure. Lack of pace though. What is McKenzie is it, doing wrong? Edwards a few years ago but not so sure he can carry us to the end of the season. How about a loan CB please SD?

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

I have just applied for a hungarian passport.

Bajner scoring and the Notts win made me £25 so i am a happy bunny.

I keep saying after every win 'i hope this can galvanise us' and i really hope it does.

Everything crossed and In Derry we trust. Come on you pies!

It's a good result, no doubt about that and we're only 4 points off the play-offs (no I'm not getting carried a way) - I'm just saying.

Fair play to the travelling Hungarians who came over to the U.K to back Notts, it's like another side story to a fairytale! LOL... I wasn't sure we would win, so much was riding on it and I just felt that they would had another defeat to our slump but we got it. Bajner needed a goal, I'm not sure how much longer he could have survived otherwise because even in our last home game I heard several fans calling him.

If he can bag a couple more, then I believe he'll prove his worth.

Also, no negative comments have been seen about the officials and I barely heard them mentioned! COYP

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

It's a good result, no doubt about that and we're only 4 points off the play-offs (no I'm not getting carried a way) - I'm just saying.

Fair play to the travelling Hungarians who came over to the U.K to back Notts, it's like another side story to a fairytale! LOL... I wasn't sure we would win, so much was riding on it and I just felt that they would had another defeat to our slump but we got it. Bajner needed a goal, I'm not sure how much longer he could have survived otherwise because even in our last home game I heard several fans calling him.

If he can bag a couple more, then I believe he'll prove his worth.

Also, no negative comments have been seen about the officials and I barely heard them mentioned! COYP

Agreed. A good three points and a much needed goal for bb. Can't moan at a 100% hit ratio tonight. Maybe next time we could just aim for more than one shot!!!!!

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I was wrong... Yippee..

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Three points certainly takes the pressure off. Good to see Bajner scoring and hopefully he'll be a good asset for Notts. I still think we should be playing two up front and creating more chances. We are 4 points off the play offs but not good enough to get promoted and still looking like a team fighting relegation! . Let's hope we start to play really well, boss games and turn the play offs into a more realistic goal!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

@MuddyPatchPie lets hope we can just start some sort of run to build the form back up.

i was surprised by the hype of the win, im not very impressed by the stats but i see it as room for improvement. you can never knock a win, i just hope we dont get beaten heavily by united.

Archived