Meeting Up With Other Fans

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

have you ever met up with another fan, either at a game or elsewhere?

i just read a post by @Canadian where he mentioned meeting another member, it got me thinking. i have not, i go to games by myself but i have noticed joe around the ground with his children.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

Only the odd fan, on away days I generally meet up with two other good friends.

When I come up to Nottingham, I meet up with my old crowd and its always good but I have not met up with anyone any way from this. You should start going to away games Liam. :)

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've met quite a few people since starting PoN, I used to be like you Liam. I didn't really mix, certain reasons but mainly something gave me a bad expectation and so I just went with my family.

I regularly attend away games with a good, fun group.

Home games I always generally meet up with @Joe Jones and recently another friend. I've met @tonyhateley after he set out to find me (yet hide when I tried meeting up) LOL @MuddyPatchPie introduced herself to me last season at Doncaster. :D I could continue but It's fun meeting people, especially after discussing Notts for awhile. You should join up with sometime, don't be worried about being nervous. I'm the worst at this!

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

I was the only Notts fan in my group of friends, I'd go to the odd game, sometimes roping in my missus, other times another friend, other times on my own. Really thankful to PoN for allowing me to regularly go down and engage in some good banter with like minded Pies!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

I tend to go on my own. Sometimes I have a red dog who comes with me (who has now been to more Notts games than Florest ones).

My mum goes, however she sits in the Pavis rather than the Kop.

I wouldn't be too adverse to meeting up with other fans, even if it's just to moan about the ref.

I tend to go on my own. Sometimes I have a red dog who comes with me (who has now been to more Notts games than Florest ones).

My mum goes, however she sits in the Pavis rather than the Kop.

I wouldn't be too adverse to meeting up with other fans, even if it's just to moan about the ref.

This - Sounds about right. I know a few Red Dog fans who go with other friends and haven't been to the City ground as often. It's funny how when they do well, my FB account is full of their activity, asking if others will go etc but moments like now it's gone all quiet again. They mock our support but least I know 40+ people who still go even in our current situation. hashtag #core

You're always welcome to meeting up with me and @Joe Jones + whoever drifts in or out, I generally have two friends at the most but it sometimes picks up.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I used to go with my son but when his family arrived he found he had more important and pressing things to do, I still text him score flashes from the game.

I now go on my own, I am a bit of a loner and don't  really mix very easily with strangers, as Joe says I did pluck up courage to seek him out in the MLSB, I will have to give him another fright sometime. :devil:

Since I moved to the Pavis stand from the kop, I have got to know @magpiejue who sits near me and now sometimes take my grandson George.

This is all vastly different from my early days watching Notts when I used to go to home and away matches with a group of friends, I have travelled all over the country on trains watching Notts and usually losing lots of money at cards on the journey, sadly I have lost touch with them all now. In the 70's when there was a lot of bovver at football grounds I always made of point of making sure I went in the company of a chap called Big Pete because the opposing skinhead fans would take one look at him and leave us alone. :biggrin:

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I only go to the odd game every so often with Joe when we take all 3 kids, but its better to take our youngest in the warmer months so i tend to go more then. Its nice when we can all go as a family but we take advantage of the special offer days because it can get very expensive otherwise.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I Used to meet up with a few here and there, there are still plenty of people I talk to at games.

Perhaps we should have P o N day. Those on foreign shores would have to be exempt but special browny points (not envelopes and not real brownies) if they make it.

I Used to meet up with a few here and there, there are still plenty of people I talk to at games.

Perhaps we should have P o N day. Those on foreign shores would have to be exempt but special browny points (not envelopes and not real brownies) if they make it.

A PoN day sounds good, @Joe Jones as been mentioning meeting up and having a drink a way from match days but nothings been so far planned. It would be good for a match day to meet up - Perhaps we could replicate something @sadlad and his band of merry man do? For those who don't know, he's apart of a Walsall Fan Site and they regularly meet up and there's a really cool picture thread on their site of the times they've meet up during match days.

I normally go with  my  mate, he is on here but forgot his username :P . Drag the Mrs. along with me, but never seen anyone from here!

I've had a few good conversations/discussion on PoN, we need to get him back. We need to keep the active thinkers interested, he'll mix in well with all the new members.

Just for the heck of it I'll pretend you've got an Australian accent! Don't spoil it @Super_Danny_Allsopp haha

would be nice to meet some fans, its boring going to games alone.

pon day out and perhaps a pon express @notts-joe?

would be nice to meet some fans, its boring going to games alone.

pon day out and perhaps a pon express @notts-joe?

Maybe buddy, as I've said your welcome to meet up before a game. :)

i'll have to look for you around the ground again sometime @notts-joe :)

So who is around today then in the kop?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

So who is around today then in the kop?

That's another point. Where do we all sit? Who is a kopite? An old 'un in the Pavis or a family one in the FS?

Kopite, near the back around the middle

Kopite, near the back around the middle

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I'm normally a family stand at the back in the middle. Used to be Pavis but I like the high view and my dad got fed up walking up all the steps! Transferred to the Family this year so Ben, my son can come with us to some of the games.

I'm right near the goal. Pavis side, love the kop! Brilliant to see the flag!

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Famy stand S42

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I sit in the Pavis stand smack on the half way line.

we should probably look at meeting up at one of the final games, im generally nervous about it but i hate going to games alone. @notts-joe is it possible?

I will leave it open to those who read this, perhaps some might? It would be nice.

Last time I tried to arrange something it failed, so I don't want to see a repeat of that. LOL - I also tried to meet some people at the end of last season and got snubbed! I spent hours sitting in the MLSB (prior I wouldn't go in alone) but I did meet a very nice fan called Brenda. My children have taken to her, very lovely lady.

We'll see :)

Archived