Notts County’s Unsung Heroes: Players and Staff

AmericanPie

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Notts County has had its fair share of unsung heroes both on and off the pitch. From the players to the staff, there are many individuals who have contributed to the success of the club. One player who has been praised as an unsung hero is Connell Rawlinson. The defender has been excellent alongside Aden Baldwin and has made crucial challenges to assist the club in it's bid for promotion.

Off the pitch, Notts County has a dedicated team of staff who work tirelessly behind the scenes. From Head Coach Luke Williams to Assistant Head Coach, Ryan Harley, Kit and Equipment Manager Lewis Saleem, each member of the staff plays an important role in the success of the club.

Who do you think is an unsung hero at Notts County? Both player and staff wise?

• Like 6

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

All the coaching staff are unsung heroes in my eyes, Luke Williams deserves every credit that he gets but so do the likes of Ryan Harley and Tom Weal.

There's people inside the club like Pete Lawson who is such a gent towards fans, he's always smiling, and I do miss having interactions with him. I think the media team deserves a lot of applause for the coverage they have done, not just at Wembley or the build up, but for the whole season. It's really been on point and has been very impressive.

As for players, I think each one of them is starting to be acknowledged for what they bring at an individual level.

In my eyes, there's no one more of an underdog or unsung hero than Matt Palmer (perhaps Sam Slocombe).

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,961
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Luke, his staff, the players etc., all receive the plaudits and rightly so but my unsung heroes are the owners and Jason Turner, you very rarely hear anything from the brothers but they are there in the background making things tick off the field. Of course Jason is sadly no longer with us but he was a big part of the success the club has witnessed the last few seasons and it was fitting that his picture was at Wembley to join in the celebrations.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

i think the fans have been the biggest unsung heroes, especially the fans who time and time again try to spread positivity within our fan base, go out of their way to keep people together. we have a good growing supporters base, its much healthier now and hopefully if we can keep claiming we can pull in more.

all the coaching staff have been incredible and i hope they enjoyed wembley just as much as we did.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

All the coaching staff deserve credit, with Luke Williams at the forefront. I think people forget about the assistant head coach and the coaching team that works with the players leading up to kick-off.

It has vastly improved under the Reedtz brothers. When was the last time we had a full team? Other than that, I think Aden Baldwin, Matt Palmer, and Cedwyn Scott are all unsung heroes.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  744
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, Chris said:

As for players, I think each one of them is starting to be acknowledged for what they bring at an individual level.

In my eyes, there's no one more of an underdog or unsung hero than Matt Palmer (perhaps Sam Slocombe).

Sam Slocombe seems to receive some harsh criticism that previous keepers managed to avoid. I don’t understand how it’s easy to defend Ross Fitzsimons while blaming Slocombe when he works his gloves off to keep us in games.

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,514
  • Days Won:  15

Notts County is full of unsung heroes, both on and off the pitch. On the pitch, Connell Rawlinson is a rock at the back, making vital tackles and headers to keep us in the promotion race. Off the pitch, Luke Williams and Ryan Harley are masterminds of tactics and motivation, while Lewis Saleem keeps us looking sharp and fresh in our kits. They all deserve a round of applause and a pint.