Any early risers?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Morning all, it’s a cloudy start to the day but at least it’s not raining or particularly cold. Hopefully the sun will be out later.

I’ve noticed the forum doesn’t get going until around tea time sometimes and then explodes into life in the evening.

I guess I’m lucky in that I am retired so can laze about in bed with a coffee first thing whereas most of you are probably getting up for work, school or college or just having a lie in.

What’s everyone’s plans today? Or if you’re reading this late what have you been up to?

I am going shopping with Mrs Fan of Big Tone, it’s our sons birthday soon and we want to pop out to get him a few bits. Then we’ll probably spend some time in the garden toning our tans if the sun comes out, in this country you have to make the most of any good weather. 😆

Have a great day whatever you’re up to.

• Like 6

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I get up at 6.15. I walk 5KM. Have breakfast. Start work. I work from home which I find is much better for my mental and physical well being. I go to the office once a week for a break in the routine. 

• Like 6

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,291
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Get up for work at 4:20 am. Start at 6, finish at half 2. Get home (eventually cos I can't drive), have a shower and go out and meet @Megan_Elizax. Tuesday 👍

• Like 4
  • Surprised 2
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i wake up at 6am at the moment to bike it to work, otherwise i would get up an hour later and drive. i dont wake up early on sundays, that is my lie-in day.

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

When I got my first job, I used to have to be in for a 7am start.

I would wake up at 6am, get dressed and then nod off for 10 minutes. @GrannyPie would wake me, as she would be preparing to start work on her sawing machine. Sometimes, she struggled to get me to wake up. I'm proud to say that I have never been late! Plus, I occasionally would nod off on the bus. As you can probably assume, I am not an early morning person at heart!

After being there for a while, I was given the responsibility to open up the restaurant for breakfast. This meant I had to wake up at 5am! so I could be in for 6am, so I could set up the service. Take stock of the storeroom and prepare what orders had been placed the night before and, what time the chef would be expecting them to come down. I seem to recall seeing @super_ram more, as he would head off to work early himself.

I also worked many night shifts within the function room, which would see me finish 11pm to 3am in the morning. I would still be expected to work 3 hours later! Fortunately, those were usually limited to weekends only. So not only would I fall asleep on the bus going to work, I started taking the 35 bus home, so I could sleep for longer on the way back.

I did the same at a different hotel/restaurant, so I was pleased when I got to work in a care home and my starting times were heaven. I loved that job, made plenty of friends. Yes, I called the residents my friends. I treated them as I would anyone, I didn't speak down to them and I wouldn't ignore anyone either. @GrannyPie also made friends with many of them. I couldn't wake up early now on a regular basis, my meds knock me out, and I would only grow more tired as the day went on.

It's both a real and perfect excuse as to why I am not a morning person.

PS. Before COVID. I got into the habit of having overnight oats and waking up at 7 to see the children off to school. Sometimes it was more than 8am but that's still what I would call early. 😛 

• Like 4

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Days Won:  2

I wake up at 6:15 in the morning to prepare for college. After getting ready, I have breakfast and organised my bag before leaving to catch the bus.

I made a few posts on here earlier, prior to starting college.

• Like 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

I try to avoid getting up too early unless I have something to do before work. Otherwise, I steer clear of anything before 7am. I’m like a vampire, but instead of avoiding the sun, I need plenty of sleep and don’t like being woken up too early.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Back when I used to drive my truck, my mornings would start as early as 5am, and I'd spend most of the day on the road with a few stops in between to rest and recharge. Those were the days when I had to hustle and work hard to make a living, and I didn't mind the early start as it was just a part of the job. 

Now that I'm retired, things are much different. I don't have to follow a strict schedule, and I can wake up at a more leisurely time than before. These days, I find myself waking up at around 7:30am, and to be honest, there's not much point in getting up any earlier. I don't have any pressing deadlines or appointments to meet, and I can take things at my own pace, which is a luxury I appreciate now more than ever.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  381
  • Days Won:  8

Up at 4.45 start work at 6 finish at 4.30, get home and enjoy playing one of my musical instruments.