where are they now : Aaron Collins

Piethagoram

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  881
  • Days Won:  1

Aaron Collins always seemed like he would go on to achieve great things. I didn’t know he played for Bristol Rovers. He’s scored quite a few goals for them and Forest Green!

• Like 5

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

A proper damning indictment of our recruitment over previous years was missing out on him. I always thought he’d do well and I remember being really miffed when went to Morecambe after being released from Wolves. At the time they were in the same league as us and no doubt had a much smaller budget so we absolutely could’ve and should've got him!

He was raw, a bit hit and miss at times but you could see his technical abilities, particularly his dribbling, when he was on it. Another type of player who just looks so natural when on the ball. Fair play to him though cos he’s probably going to play in the Championship next season.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I recall watching Aaron Collins' highlights as well, mate. If he can just work on the timing of his runs, he could be a proper threat up front for any team. He's got that lightnin' fast pace, maybe not as quick as Lewis Knight, but enough to be a right handful. The lad's got bags of potential. I reckon he ended up at Newport, didn't he? Or was that where he started off?

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,096
  • Days Won:  2

I thought Aaron Collins showed some potential, he just needed more playing time. It wouldn't surprise me if Wrexham is considering him for the striker position given his Welsh background and good performances for his past team.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It's quite disheartening to see a club like Notts consistently squandering talent like this, although, fortunately, it seems to be a past habit. One could argue that the club signed him far too early in his career, not allowing him the time required to properly develop and flourish. His loan spell, whilst offering a decent platform for growth, evidently became a contributing factor to the predicament the team found themselves in that season. The oversight and inability to effectively nurture young gifted players have historically plagued Notts, and one can only hope that such missteps have truly become a thing of the past, as it would be an immense disservice to emerging talents in the UK.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

he was okay, nothing special when with us. i was more encouraged by jimmy knowles, aaron collins had a good amount of pace but little impact. im glad hes improved over time, colby bishop is a big part of portsmouth right now, so some ex players are doing very well.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I liked Aaron Collins; his turn of pace and reading of the game was quite good when he came here on loan. It did seem weird that we were loaning a player from Newport, but the same could be said when we took Jimmy Knowles in on loan. Both strikers looked very promising, Collins looked a lot more adapted to life in the Football League.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I believed he was okay, nothing extraordinary during his time at Notts. He contributed with essential goals and undoubtedly exerted effort. I concur, and I'm delighted to see him thriving.

• Like 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

Aaron Collins appeared capable of improving and scoring goals. As one of the younger strikers the club has had on loan, he seemed like he could go further. His pace, skill and natural finishing ability were a delight.