Weekend plans?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

What have folk got planned for the weekend anything exciting happening in your life?

I am doing a 5k Park Run with my son and his friend, then we are going to support my daughter in law who is doing a run then a wild water swim at Colwick, I think it’s called a biathlon or something, rather her than me.

Sunday we are doing a BBQ weather permitting, hopefully it’ll be fine all weekend.

What are others doing? 

• Like 5

• Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

I'm going to my aunts house in Derby for the weekend, one of my cousins are getting married on saturday and we are staying with family until mid sunday. im looking forward to seeing family that i have not seen for years. in addition to family from the isle of man, Scotland, america and australia.

• Like 4

Supporter+
28 minutes ago, liampie said:

I'm going to my aunts house in Derby for the weekend, one of my cousins are getting married on saturday and we are staying with family until mid sunday. im looking forward to seeing family that i have not seen for years. in addition to family from the isle of man, Scotland, america and australia.

Wow that sounds like a good gathering of your clan @liampie I hope the day goes well.

• Like 3

@Fan of Big Tone its a bit to much, its great to see everyone but once a few hours roll by. i start to wish i could go home, dont get me wrong its been a nice day but its hard work celebrating all day. 😂 one of my uncles had been trying to get me to try various whiskeys with him, he lives in scotland and he was pretty drunk early on. 🤣🤕

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Supporter+

Well my big plans for the weekend didn’t happen. Mrs Fan of Big Tone is in hospital with a suspected heart attack, they are keeping her in for tests. She went to the doctor Friday night and they sent her straight to A&E where we spent the next 14 hours. We’re shattered, she’s being looked after and in the best place though.

• Sad 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Today, I went clothes shopping in Manchester city centre; I don't fancy shopping for clothes, so as you can envisage, I had a list. I managed to obtain what I needed, along with some items for the flat. At home, I spent a few hours scribbling ideas for features for PON. I rang my parents, had a natter for about an hour. Now I'm relaxing, watching telly with my feet up and a tub of Ben & Jerry's. Tomorrow, I'll be going out for a few drinks with friends.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Fan of Big Tone Oh no, I hope she's okay. I'm sorry to read this mate. I hope she's okay. You're right, the hospital is the best place for her. I really hope it's not a heart attack.

I've been spending the final full day we have on our family break going round Ingoldmells. We spent a few hours on the beach. Jake spent the time flying a kite with his new appreciation of loving the beach.  Myself, I nodded off twice and just relaxed. We had dinner in a nearby themed pub, which we like and it was nice. A short hop on an open-top bus, we found our way back in Skegness where we'd been in a few arcades and sat down in a place called Empire for drinks.

It's probably been the warmest and nicest day, a little breezy at times but nothing that would make you have chills.

I'm sending you positive well wishes, Tone. ❤

• Like 3

Supporter+
5 minutes ago, Chris said:

I'm sending you positive well wishes, Tone. ❤

Thank you @chris I’ve been to take some pj’s etc and she’s now been transferred to City Hospital Cardiac Ward, she’s in good spirits and the consultant says it might be a heart attack or Angina which is slightly less serious, she’s getting excellent treatment.

• Love 3
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

That's good, I am glad she's in good spirit. My dad's on the phone now to @cheeky~k8, I have relayed the message to him as I don't think he's been on here today. He wants you to know he sends his best wishes to you and your wife.

The City Hospital is very good for the heart.

I hope you are okay within yourself, Tony. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

tell mrs fan of big tone that i send my love and i know she will make a good recovery from this, i hope you both continue to have high spirts. i am sending my well wishes to you both @Fan of Big Tone.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

@Fan of Big Tone wishing you both all the best! We hope that she has a positive recovery and is back on her feet soon. Remember to take your time and not rush the healing process.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,727
  • Days Won:  27

Sending our best wishes to @Fan of Big Tone and your wife. We hope that she has a smooth and positive recovery. It’s important to take the time needed to heal properly, so don’t feel the need to rush. Take care!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

All the best to you and your wife @Fan of Big Tone. It shakes you up no end, but it's good that it was identified and she's getting the best care.

My weekend? I should really be getting some things ready for my forthcoming visit to Robin Hood country, but I'm just too lazy. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

40 minutes ago, Chris said:

That's good, I am glad she's in good spirit. My dad's on the phone now to @cheeky~k8, I have relayed the message to him as I don't think he's been on here today. He wants you to know he sends his best wishes to you and your wife.

The City Hospital is very good for the heart.

I hope you are okay within yourself, Tony. 

Yes , @Fan of Big Tone,I was on this morning and read the excellent piece about you being a lifelong Notts fan etc.I intended coming back here after doing my chores and watching the cup final and make an attempt at some humorous comment but  @cheeky~k8 messaged me with the news about  Mrs Fan of Big Tone.I just hope your wife is comfortable.She's getting the best possible treatment.I wish you both all the best and a positive outcome for your wife.Don't forget to look after yourself as well .

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Supporter+

Thank you everyone for the good wishes and the positive vibes, the good news is that she is back home, they released her from the acute cardiac ward last night, she’s got a huge bagful of different tablets to take and she’s got to go back to have a heart monitor fitted so they can find out what’s going on with her heart. She was shattered when I brought her home she’d been woken up every hour for blood tests etc so hardly had any sleep all weekend while she was there. The doctor has told her she can resume normal life and do things she would normally do so I’m glad I didn’t wash the pots for three days she can do them now. 😂 Only joking I’ll be looking after her.

The bad news is we will have to cancel our holiday to Corfu, I’ll be ringing the insurance company today to see if we can get money back but if the worse happens and we lose it then so be it, I’m just happy to have her home.

Thanks again for your good wishes.

• Love 3

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Excellent news, @Fan of Big Tone, it's a shame about the holiday but having  Mrs.Fan of Big Tone home is the best compensation possible..Please pass on again my best wishes to her and don't forget to look after yourself.I'm sure she will be wanting to carry on as normal and it will be hard for you to let her but for now GET ON WITH PREPARING AND COOKING FOOD,Sort out and get washing done.Then get washing dried.Go to shops for food you need replacing.THEN there's vacuuming,and then,and then.............Come along now,no slacking.

• Like 1

Supporter+
1 hour ago, super_ram said:

Excellent news, @Fan of Big Tone, it's a shame about the holiday but having  Mrs.Fan of Big Tone home is the best compensation possible..Please pass on again my best wishes to her and don't forget to look after yourself.I'm sure she will be wanting to carry on as normal and it will be hard for you to let her but for now GET ON WITH PREPARING AND COOKING FOOD,Sort out and get washing done.Then get washing dried.Go to shops for food you need replacing.THEN there's vacuuming,and then,and then.............Come along now,no slacking.

:rollonfloorlaughing: I’m worn out just reading that! I think I’ll have to get a maid. 😜

• Haha 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392

I have been relaxing. I haven’t done much and am listening to the advice I have been given. @Fan of Big Tone, I am sorry to read about your wife but am thankful that she has been given the right care. Heart problems are scary! You must have been worried sick. I am glad there are people here who clearly care about you. Hopefully, once a pacemaker is fitted, things will return to somewhat normality. Thank you for having the confidence to share your unfortunate news with us.

• Like 1