Help Our Moderation Team by Reporting Issues

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,271
  • Days Won:  80

Dear PON members,

We would like to remind you to use the report button if you come across any statements or comments that are not acceptable. Using the report function will help our moderation team to quickly identify and address any issues.

In addition to using the report function, please remember to post any issues or bugs you may have noticed on the site here. This will help @Chris take the appropriate action to get it dealt with as soon as possible.

Please remember that free speech is encouraged on our forum, and we actively discourage members from reporting comments simply because they disagree with them. Instead, we ask that you only report instances of swear words, vulgar language or aggressive content.

Thank you for helping us maintain a respectful and inclusive community.

Best regards,
The Pride of Nottingham Team

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

@Chris Regarding bugs, I’ve noticed when I log in after being logged out I get a message saying “Oops, something went wrong. Please try again.” It’s not a problem to me because I just go to the three bars and navigate the site but it may put some newbies off.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Fan of Big Tone Aye, I'm working on resolving this. The issue is with CSRF protection. I basically need to make sure old unneeded files are deleted but there are so many it will take time.

It's also affected by some of the outdated apps/plugins which work but need a bit of attention.

I'm hoping to have it resolved this month or the next. I know you're not complaining. I'm just explaining that I am aware of it and that it's working to be resolved.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Supporter+

Cheers @Chris

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i keep a watchful eye over everything that is posted gaffer, i take my site support role very seriously and will make sure to pass on any info to the team if needed. otherwise i am happy to take action or mention it up the chain for a mod to take care of.

thankfully we dont have many issues. :D 

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

This isn't the first time it's happened. I thought I had been posting in the wrong discussion, but it just happened. I went to post using the topic feed page and my post ended up in a different location.

It happened here too, only just noticed that it had.

Edited by Joshua
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Confirmed, @Joshua,

I just need to figure out if this behaviour is effecting other users in the same way, or if somehow the posts of others are ending up being posted by another user when they didn't make the comment themselves.

This will be resolved ASAP.

• Like 1

Folks, I am hoping the dev will have this resolved shortly.

I could disable it, but the big is very selective and proving itself to be quite random. I have tried to trigger it myself, without success. I do keep seeing others experience the issue, please understand that it might take a little time.

In the meantime, I would suggest you use it.

Fully open the discussion and write your response out, once you have this try reading the post and see if you like any. By engaging with the post itself, before posting I think it shouldn't occur to you. If you post straight to the discussion or topic, this seems the most likely for it to end up misplaced. Yet it shouldn't happen. I believe it is happening due to a recent core update.

I will keep you posted.

If you experience it, you can either edit the post or ask a team member to delete it. We'll be happy to help. 👍

Core update installed, I had to wait for the site to be quiet to do it - otherwise nobody would have access to PON.

Dev says he's fixed the issue with the TopicFeed, it was partly due to a bug in the core system and some changes which needed amending to work what had altered. Please do let me know if the problem persists or if something else occurs.

• Like 1

I just applied a patch to fix some further bugs, sorry that I had to turn the site offline for the short duration. This should fix the mentions system within the articles that the previous update broke.

A few other gremlins have been fixed also.

• Like 2

just to mention when i came on just a few moments ago, i had to sign in again. i never have to sign in and i am wondering if its worth mentioning just incase its done the same with others who may forget their passwords.

not a big thing, but i think i should mention it.

thanks gaffer.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Yes, I also had to log in again, which I have never had to do before. I just save my session and come back when I use PON. It’s no issue, but as @liampie said, if it makes you aware of it, at least you then know.

• Like 2

Yes, it's a known issue.

You're not actually logged out; there was a bug with the mention feature that is only in the home/articles etc.

Just load a different page and you should then show as signed into the site, it's very frustrating but it's understandable that with big fixes, another bug occurs. I am waiting for a core patch or update to ammend this issue. It could be a few days though. :( 

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

I've been logged out too. I just go back a step and select PON from my shortcuts, and I'm magically logged in again. It's a fairly simple workaround while the devs perform their exorcism. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The issue has been patched.

This issue seems resolved to me. I have just applied a patch for the patch that has been released for the core site.

Other community owners are reporting issues with the cookie consent message, yet so far, I haven't experienced that issue. Hopefully, it will be resolved but as always I ask members to keep reporting buys to this section. If any moderators notice any mention of issues or bugs, please can you point them to this topic.

Thank you. 😇

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I issued it earlier, but I thought I had logged out or something. It seems fine to me. I left looking like I had signed out, but now I’m back signed in and I haven’t issued the cookie message or been shown in the userbar as needing to log in.

• Like 1

@Chris seems fixed for me too. :)

i hope it did not confuse people and that they were out enjoying the nice weather. its been a bit slower today.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

@Chris The features section has a white background in the area where the text is displayed. I think it’s a mistake, but it makes it hard to read when using dark mode.

• Like 1

@Chris i have noticed that @Fan of Big Tone signature does not show very well in the dark theme.

its black on black, can you work your magic so that it becomes visible without changing it in the light theme?

• Like 1

On 22/06/2023 at 01:08, AmericanPie said:

@Chris The features section has a white background in the area where the text is displayed. I think it’s a mistake, but it makes it hard to read when using dark mode.

I noticed and fixed it after upgrading the site. If it hasn't fixed the issue for you, please let me know the browser version you use. 👍

2 minutes ago, liampie said:

@Chris i have noticed that @Fan of Big Tone signature does not show very well in the dark theme.

its black on black, can you work your magic so that it becomes visible without changing it in the light theme?

Yes, I am sure there will be a CSS trick for this.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,271
  • Days Won:  80

We have added new login and registration methods to our website. If you have used Twitter (now known as Elon Musk’s X) in the past and are unable to login, please message us via the contact form.

Google and Microsoft have also been added as login options. If you have an Xbox account or any other service under the Microsoft umbrella, it will be compatible to use as a login method. Pre-existing members can also configure these methods to be tied to their account, all managed via the respective service for secure connection.

Members can check their account settings in order to set this up by visiting https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/settings/. Guests can simply click on the desired service, follow the popup screen, and securely sign in once redirected back to the Pride of Nottingham.

These changes have also seen the guest message redesigned and brought back onto certain areas of the site. We hope these new options make it easier for our members and guests to access our website.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Since we have re-gone live again, I have noticed that the moods' app was throwing theme errors. I have disabled it.

Please note the lightweight theme is undergoing some changes which will be apparent, but I am hoping to have this resolved within the next few days. If you notice something which hasn't been mentioned, please mention it here.

• Like 1

I have switched to Terabyte's mood application; it's very good.

I'm not sure if I plan to create my own mood graphics; however, the ones used are designed by an awesome forum graphic creator. You can select your mood using one of these means: you either select your own mood from any location or by clicking on your username from the user menu next to your avatar.

Beneath your current rank, you'll see a grey icon; just press that to select your mood.

You could also change it within your user profile.

Supporter+

@Chris in case you aren’t aware of this, when I get an email notification to say for instance someone has mentioned me I click on the link but it doesn’t work and I have to go to the forum to find the relevant thread, not a big problem but one you may not be aware of.

6 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

@Chris in case you aren’t aware of this, when I get an email notification to say for instance someone has mentioned me I click on the link but it doesn’t work and I have to go to the forum to find the relevant thread, not a big problem but one you may not be aware of.

Can you forward the email? [email protected]

I will have a look. 👍

• Like 1