Jarrod Bowen

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,772
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Rejected by Villa and Cardiff City at youth level, he has made such progress. Given his chance at Hereford by ex Notts man Peter Beadle. Guy Branston would have been probably scouting for Notts at that time.... another good player missed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarrod_Bowen

• Like 9

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

if villa and cardiff missed him, it says to me he was not quite ready back then for whatever reason. its easy for clubs like us to overlook a player but those higher up usually have a keen eye for spotting talent.

• Like 8

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

A youth player I used to pick up on Football Manager, I still have a saved game file where I have him in my QPR squad alongside John Bostock and Jack Grealish. :D 

• Like 7

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

The problem with Guy Branston is that he was never a particularly skilled football player himself, let alone capable of recruiting good players. He doesn’t seem to put in the necessary effort to determine whether a player had one good game or is consistently skilled.

• Like 3

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

It's all well and good saying another good player missed but like any other good player that's been rejected by some clubs only to then become a star they might not have become the player they are today had they not been rejected. 

Take Gnabry for example. Pulis rejected him at West Brom. He's now a star at Bayern. Lewandowski and Zidane as another 2. Both became stars but had they both moved to Blackburn, would they have been the players they became?

Not saying Bowen didn't have potential at the time but maybe he didn't show many signs of becoming the player he is today or what clubs were looking for. 

There's also players who have great potential and get snapped up only to then fade away and become part of articles on the Internet of "wonderkids who flopped" 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  493
  • Days Won:  1

Some players develop later in their careers - it’s not always a clear-cut path. Others may struggle with adapting to the responsibilities of being a professional footballer. When things are going well, it’s easier to stay in control, but when times get tough, it doesn’t always work out on your first, second or even third attempt.

• Like 6

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,350

It’s true that some players simply need more time to reach their full potential, while others just need to find the right team. Experience is a valuable skill that can be transferred between teams, but it can be difficult to gain without the right encouragement and support.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

He’s a very good player and there have always been signs of his potential. I think he’s benefited from having consistent players around him who support his development. He probably wasn’t even on Guy Branston’s radar - Branston seems more focused on his own shoelaces than anything else!

• Like 3

• Content Count:  419

I haven’t heard of him, which is strange since he plays for West Ham. I don’t pay much attention to the Premier League or Match of the Day; the attraction has fizzled out.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I would imagine the list of missed players is never-ending, but at least with the recruitment Notts has now, good players are being spotted, signed and improved. Notts just needs to start getting fees for the players instead of allowing deals to expire.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  210
  • Days Won:  0

He’s not a name I am all that familiar with, but I think a player like him wouldn’t slip through our current recruitment system and if he did, well I think there would be realistic reasoning behind that.