CEO position

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Mansfield CEO has left his position, Notts are actively seeking a CEO……coincidence?

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I became scared that this meant Carolyn Radford, but I see they have had someone called David Sharpe. Their article on his departure says it's for him to focus on "focus on his family business interest".

I feel it's doubtful he's coming here and would rather pass on it.

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2023/july/david-sharpe-leaves-mansfield-town/

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It would be a no from me, simply because we need to have people committed. If he has a family business, I don’t want Notts to lose his focus or for Notts to be used as a means to network that. I’m not saying it would happen, but it is a concern. I would like people unconnected to our rivals.

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Days Won:  0

I don’t think he’s the CEO coming in. It wouldn’t sit well to quit a job stating you had other focuses, only to join a rival club. It comes across as quite disrespectful and lacking morals, so I think it’s unlikely.

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  1

It could be, but I would agree that quitting one job and saying you want to focus on your family business, and then joining a different team sounds a bit off. I think it’s more than likely that the family business is either close to folding due to COVID or he can make more money that way. I think it’s unconnected, to tell you the truth.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

I think it’s more unlikely than likely to happen. I think we would be looking for someone who can be more hands-on and without other commitments to businesses. I don’t think the club will have rushed their process; I think it’s one of those decisions that will take more time.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  881

I think we can do a little better than to poach a CEO from Mansfield, so I doubt he’s our next CEO. I would also agree that Notts might be taking more time to find the right candidate.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

We can definetly do better than a mansfield CEO. Hopefully notts look into a CEO that will do a great job not does have it as a day job and move on.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  419

I hope not, but I would laugh because if it’s true, basically he’s saying Notts is his family’s business. His last name wasn’t Reedtz! I think some better will be coming in.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Has there been any actual news on the CEO? I know the Business Desk reported that the search had begun, but has anything else been said? With the pre-season beginning, I can’t imagine it will take much longer to appoint a new person to the position.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

@AmericanPie there’s been no official word only rumours, I can only imagine the brothers are doing their usual thorough job of meticulously researching to make sure they get the right man and as with signings we won’t hear anything until the deal is done.

• Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

its a position they will want to ensure can be around for years to come, a manager is an easier appointment i feel and we may have a group of people still being narrowed down. the club might have hired someone but decided to keep it quiet for a later stage. 😛 

we simply won't know until an official announcement.