PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,279
  • Days Won:  80

PSF - The Bucks (A)

Team: AFC Telford United

Date: 18/07/2023

Where: New Bucks Head

What line-up should Luke Williams opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I would like us to keep the squads the same as in the Forest friendly, with changes coming in the second half. It would be a good indication of how the players measure up against different levels of teams and give the squad a chance to settle as we approach the final pre-season friendly. This should help the youth players, who need some of the senior players to give them confidence.

• Like 8

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

will this be where we might see more of junior morias?

i think we can still afford to experiment for this game, treat the boston game as if we are going into the season. give the youngsters a chance to start from the beginning this time. see how they do and bring on players in the second of half to power up.

• Like 6

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

I hope the squad continues to settle down so that we can start to form an idea of who will be starting in the game against Sutton. I think it’s important to keep involving the youth players. It seems only two of them are being included now, but I would like to see more of Riley Reynolds. We have shown some good promise, and friendlies aren’t all about winning. They’re more about gauging how we’re preparing for the new season.

Edited by Joshua
  • Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

For the madness, I am thinking - I really would start the two young defenders who finished the end of the Forest friendly. One can redeem himself further, the other will show if he is the right potenital signing for us.

Other than that, start the strongest squad possible.

• Like 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

I am less bothered about the friendlies from here on, so I hope the plan is to involve the youngsters again. Give the first team the second half, field the youngsters and take off those who struggle in favour of the main players. Give the lads some more time, as they have done well.

• Like 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

Luke Williams will have his plans and will know who he wants to see more of before the final friendly and the start of the season against Sutton. I am hoping to hear good things about the defender we have on trial.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  531
  • Days Won:  1

It’s great to head into the season having won our remaining friendlies. While the performance may not matter as much, winning does breed confidence. After the matches against Stoke and Forest, some players may have doubts creeping into their minds. Luke Williams will know which squad to field, but it would be nice to see some of the younger players given a chance.

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Hopefully Notts can use this match as training like the rest of the friendlies. It will be a good away day for anyone thats going.

• Like 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

It was a good performance by Notts, who were defensively solid and attacked well. Telford also did well, making it difficult, and I praise their keeper for some of the saves he made.