Player ratings v FGR

Elite_pie

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Stone 5.5 - no major errors, but didn't look confident. Distribution not as good as usual.
Baldwin 6 - some classy touches, but dodgy positioning a few times.
Brindley 7 - looks much better in the centre, some crucial blocks.
Cameron 6 - looked better going forward than he did defending.
Austin 5.5 - didn't offer his usual threat, looks better on the left.
Palmer 6.5 - fairly typical game, but didn't dominate like he can.
Bostock 7 - good at both ends of the pitch, took his goal well.
Jones 8* - a constant threat, caused them problems and also defended well.
Crowley 6.5 - good when he was involved, but had a few quiet spells.
McGoldrick 7 - always a threat and tracked back well. Clinical finish for his goal.
Langstaff 7 - typical Macca, non-stop harrying and lost his markers to score.

TAR 7 - gave us a new attacking dimension on the right.
Rawlinson 6 - did ok apart from conceding the penalty.
JOB 5.5 - won the ball and lost the ball in equal measures.
Chicksen n/a

Still not sure what to make of the game. I know Luke Williams always compliments the opposition, but I don't know if they're as good as he made out. We were awful for the first 20 minutes of the second half, and never regained the control we had in the first half. I don't think we played that well but still got the 3 points, which is supposed to be the mark of a good team. It will be interesting to see the xG stats and I think they will probably be in our favour, but we made hard work of it today.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,785
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Spot on ratings from @Elite_pie

Given how the team is set up, I do think we suffer when Bostock is replaced by JOB, as they are completely different style of midfield players. JOB likes to play further forward but the team need him to drop deeper.

FGR exposed our defensive short comings. 

• Like 4

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

Yeah I'm not far off with  @Elite_pie's ratings too.

I'd up Austin, Crowley and McGoldrick by .5 (Austin 6, Crowley 7 and McGoldrick 7.5) and take off .5 for Stone who I thought should've done better for the 2nd goal.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

Totally agree with you @menzinho, I was  very disappointed with Stones effort for their second. It was right in front of me and it looked like he was anticipating a touch from the first forward so did not position himself for the actual ball path.

Thought Brindley was by far the pick of the back 3, Cameron had a pretty poor game defensively and Baldwin always has a mistake in him, which he needs to work on.

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

@Elite_pie  do you not think tar was guilty of poor defensive work? he headed the ball quite a few times where it went straight to forest green rovers. he did well going forward but he was not solid defensively at all. a lot of his defensive work could be scrutinised. i think the rating of a 7, compared to cameron who was just as good for a longer period seems inconsistent to me.

Stone 5 - poor positioning and reactions for fgr first two goals, his delivery had luke williams shouting at him. the pressure seemed to get to him.
Baldwin 6.5 - he was there when needed, mostly performing above average.
Brindley 7 - solid in the middle of cameron and baldwin, no criticism from me.
Cameron 6.5 - defensively not perfect, but he did some good stuff and communicated the back line. going forward, i thought he was very good.
Austin 5 - he never really got involved or looked like his usual self. very average.
Palmer 7 - he had a quieter game but remained the heart beat within midfield. got stuck in defending and put a lot of effort in.
Bostock 7.5 - defensively he was good, a bit sloppy with his tackles and blindly sliding in with no effect but ran his heart out.
Jones 8* - he looked lively and coped well with fgr putting two to three players on him. it allowed others to get involved.
Crowley 6 - i thought he was brilliant in the first half, he created a lot of chances going forward but did go quieter in the second half. 
McGoldrick 7.5 - just like jodi he did so much work that made fgr want to mark him. he performed very well.
Langstaff 6.5 - great goal in the first half but and held onto the ball well, but was not as much of a threat in the second half.

TAR 6 - very poor heading the ball especially due to his height, stray passes and clumsy defending.  his yellow card being a highlight of this, he did do it for the team. he made two attacking mistakes where he would have had an easy effort on goal but unselfishly passed the ball. it was the wrong call and both teams he could have scored ended up with very poor passing. his saving grace is going forward but he was not excellent or great by any meaning. just above average imo.
Rawlinson n/a - silly pen but i still believe that the fgr player dived.
JOB 5 - very poor, not himself and lost the ball more than he won it.
Chicksen n/a

• Like 2
  • Love 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Tobi was very poor in his distribution and defending. He's a great guy but doesn't get a free pass from me for those areas.

Stone was very poor too.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Impartially, I find myself aligning more with @liampie’s views as they resonate more accurately with my own opinion.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I would be more critical of Jim O'Brien, Aidan Stone and Sam Austin, by their own standards, each were just above average.

Rest of the players did well in various levels.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Thank you for sharing the ratings. I perceived Tobi to be largely positive when he came on, although he is a bit weak with heading and did give the ball away needlessly. However, I wouldn’t downgrade him for it. Similarly, I believe Kyle Cameron was perfectly fine.