Match Discussion: Game 11 - The Robins (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,243
  • Days Won:  80

Game 11 - The Robins (H)

Team: Swindon Town

Date: 03/10/2023

Where: Meadow Lane

swindon.png.78e50dfa9ed0133c043fafb0c55d

What line-up should Luke Williams opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I feel quite nervous, which is something that I haven't felt so much at home for a while.

I see they beat Grimsby Town today 2-1, quite alarming when I started to search "Swindon Town" in Google, a pop-up option for searching 3-1 came up. I realise this is our scoreline from when we last played and Google is aware I search things related to Notts but it better not be a warning sign too. 😂

When they are the team where our last time in League Two ended, I very much want us to win, and I would feel disappointed if we lost or even drew due to defensive mistakes. I don't want to see any of them, however, I'll cross the line if it does. I think we should be alright at Meadow Lane. Most likely, it may even be a draw but whatever the outcome is I am not going to let it change my belief or stop complaining about things.

I suppose we will have to wait and see, yet I am mindful of a potential further setback.

• Like 8

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

This will be another tough test and obviously we need a reaction, they won’t have had much time to sort out the defensive problems from Saturday and no doubt Swindon will be well aware of how they can best test our fragile defence.

It should make for an interesting match.

• Like 6

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Swindon are a strong side. They score for fun. They are the top scorers in the division. They have conceded 14 in 9. They are unbeaten in the league. I think it will be a high scoring game and Swindon will go home with all 3 points. I hope I'm wrong.....

• Like 7

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,299
  • Days Won:  28

A tough game but we need to forget yesterdays game and move forward. Its good to get these games out the way really and know what we need to focus on after this point.

• Like 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  726
  • Days Won:  3

It’s mostly disappointing because of the way we handed goals to Colchester United. They played brilliantly, but our mistakes led to their victory. They made us work hard for the goals we scored. We can’t be so effective in attack if we can’t defend leads. We are not a team managed by Ricardo Moniz.

• Like 5

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,897
  • Days Won:  17

Gonna be a tough one, feel we owe em one for sending us out the football league. Hope the defence get their act together and we at least get a point. 

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

Quite nervous for the game tomorrow. Swindon have started really well this season as the table shows. Going to be a really difficult game, they are a free scoring attacking team,.who are the top scorers with quality players. The defence is really going to have to be switched on the whole night to get something from the game.

I have full belief in Williams to get the team selection correct. Although I was a bit surprised to not see Bostock in the starting XI against Colchester maybe he had a slight knock or was just being saved for tomorrow. Having Bostock and Palmer in the middle of the pitch together is the most crucial thing in to making this team tick imo. Having Palmer,Austin and Crowley in there made it just a little bit to attacking, I understand Austin and Crowley bring energy in the midfield but having the composure of Bostock and Palmer together seems to work well. 

Have full faith in the lads to put Saturday right and get a big win against a very good Swindon side and start off a really tough month of fixtures for notts. 

COYP 🖤🤍

• Like 5

• Content Count:  76

The situation appears more complex now, though I’m somewhat comforted knowing that the match will be at Meadow Lane, where we typically perform better than on the road. Swindon have kicked off the season on a high note and will undoubtedly challenge our ability to bounce back from the loss to Colchester United. If both teams find scoring easy, we could be in for a lengthy 90 minutes. I sincerely hope we can tighten up our defence - it’s an area that needs attention, but the game should still be entertaining.

• Like 4

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

I’m not worried, it’s just football and I don’t believe the loss alters anything. We’re a strong team, we simply need to examine the goals we let in and strive harder to stop Swindon Town from creating opportunities. I’d be inclined to let Sam Slocombe step in, mainly to shield Aidan Stone but also to see if Slocombe can use his experience to navigate this match. Apart from that, we don’t need to alter anything.

• Like 3

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  534
  • Days Won:  2

The loss to Colchester United was challenging, but I trust that Williams and the team learned valuable lessons from it. I'm hopeful that we can step up against the Robins, patch up our defences and exploit our opponent's weaknesses. This match could potentially be a turning point for us this season.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,427
  • Days Won:  287

Right, so we've scored 49 goals between us and we're letting in 2 goals a game on average. It's going to be 0-0, isn't it?

I'm a bit nervous as this'll be the biggest test we've had so far, and on the back of a chastening experience in Essex. But it's up to the players to pick themselves up, cut out the silly errors and show their quality. They deserve our faith and support; let's get behind them and NOT jump on their backs. We are a newly promoted team and were always bound to be taught a lesson every now and then. Hopefully we can take Saturday's on board quickly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171

@DangerousSausage Considering how both teams possess the ability to score effortlessly, I believe a 3-3 draw is more probable. However, it depends on whether the players can comprehend the situation. I think we will be more motivated for the game. If Luke Williams doesn't address the players with a statement like, "You are at the top of the league for a reason. The pressure will always be on your shoulders, but it's crucial to respond and handle it. Stay focused, work hard, and enjoy the game. The only thing that can prevent us from winning is failing to take responsibility when necessary. You are capable of achieving this." Or something along those lines.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  348

In the first 20-30 minutes, we should get a sense of how the game is progressing. If Notts don’t challenge Swindon Town enough and the first half ends 0-0, it might be the first game where we hear complaints from more than just the Pavis Stand. We simply need to be at our very best, as clear chances will likely be scarce.

• Like 1