Why we should sign Macari permanently .....

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

He’s been a very good addition to the squad, it’d be great to sign him permanently.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

While he is certain to improve, he did make a costly error in the match against Crewe by turning his back on an advancing player. This isn’t the first time such a mistake has occurred. Despite this, I would still opt for a player with more experience. I bear no ill will towards the young man, as I believe he will continue to develop. However, I can understand why Luke Williams has exercised patience in including him in the team.

• Like 5

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,782
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

With respect @upthepies, the number of mistakes made by Rawlo, Baldwin and Cameron then have been overlooked. I had Macari down as Man of the Match at Crewe, similar at Gillingham. He would fit the Football Radar model as a potential asset with an on sell value.

• Like 6

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He's young and somewhat unlikely to be in our reach of signings, but you never know. Our owners seem to be decent at making the doubtful happen.

I think we need to access more games from him, as its still quite early days and although he had made some mistakes - it shouldn't be used against him as he's learning. At the same time, you can't suggest that anaysis from a handful of games is strong enough to make the argument that he needs to be signed. Players have good and bad spells, this is great for discussion but clubs take far more into consideration.

• Like 5

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

Yeah, he's had to be patient but since he's had a run in the team he's done very well. And that goal against Gillingham will definitely given him a massive confidence boost.

He'll be 22 by the end of this season and effectively graduate from Stoke's U21 team, I guess they'll have to make a decision on whether or not they see him as part of their first team. So potentially there could be a chance to sign him permanently. I know he's only a 6 month loan at the moment but I'd be happy to extend that to the end of the season.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,782
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I think our defence is so much stronger with Macari playing. I would try to sign him up permanently in January

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i think waiting would be better, but there is no arm in trying come the end of his loan deal. the two factors which might not make it viable is the cost of his fee and wages. on the point of mistakes he will improve and that should not be a big concern. its if he will fit our system and get chance to play against bigger teams. if there is little chance of him starting, it might be a waste.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

Lewis Macari appears to be a promising talent, but rushing to sign him after only a few appearances seems hasty. I’m not suggesting we shouldn’t consider it, as that would be equally short-sighted. It would be prudent to observe his performance over time. Statistics can be manipulated to fit a narrative, and they only tell half the story of what makes the current Notts team successful.

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I think we should sign him. If the club can agree on terms that suit both parties, he would be a great addition. I wouldn’t worry about his current game time, as he will naturally improve. He shows a lot of potential. The most important thing for me is his age; he can develop further into the player we need. Having a good set of defenders around him will aid his development. However, I would still welcome an experienced player in January.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

He appears to be a player who’s made the most of his playing time, I’d like to see him more in the league. It seems that Richard Brindley and Connell Rawlinson are ahead of him, but that said, I believe young talent is worth investing in. Now that fans have seen what Lewis Macari can do, I reckon he’d be a great addition to the squad and a future star who should settle in nicely within a season or two.

• Like 2