Fulham Goalkeeper Luca Ashby-Hammond Joins Notts On Loan.

Robbie

I think he will be on the bench as well this weekend.  Our style needs understanding between our players and I don't think they will have this at this stage.  I think it's less important for the goalkeeper, but I think it will be a couple of weeks before we see him. 

• Like 7

Supporter+

Well that’s a step in the right direction we did need more competition in that department, its not good news for Tiernan Brooks though is it? He’ll drop back down the pecking order.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Well that’s a step in the right direction we did need more competition in that department, its not good news for Tiernan Brooks though is it? He’ll drop back down the pecking order.

I think they see him as being in contention next season and want him out on loan getting playing experience rather than sitting on the bench, so it could be a win-win all round.

• Like 6

i think it shows that people dont feel tiernan brooks is ready enough to handle being our regular keeper, which seems a bit of a kick in the teeth. if this signing does not end up playing much, it will be disappointing. i dont feel we needed to bring in a keeper but i am glad for the competition.

i just feel we should try brooks before, as i still feel sam slocombe and aidan stone are more than good enough despite the mistakes.

• Like 6

According to the OS, Brooks is being loaned out in Ireland again.

I've no idea whether this bloke will start on Saturday. If LW were in charge he might have, but the interim management team might be more reluctant to rock the boat too much.

Does anyone remember him playing for Aldershot or Crawley? Some of Crawley's fans don't seem to rate him too highly, but we shall see. Hope he's given a fair chance! 

• Like 4

Hmm, not sure this is the answer to the current GK scenario. The positive is that he played the whole season for Aldershot last season but he’s only played 7 league games out of 27 for Crawley this season. If he was really good surely, he’d have started all/most of them.

We scored 6 goals past him in two games and in one of them he was caught in the middle of nowhere for Didzy’s goal... So yeah, maybe he'll do well for us, I'll judge him on our time with us.

• Like 6

He’s only had notable appearances at Aldershot Town, besides playing 7 times for Crawley Town. It’s difficult to be enthusiastic about this signing as there’s little to base it on, and we’ve observed that loaned goalkeepers often don’t play much. I believe it’s more of a signing to provide cover until our next manager can fully utilise Sam Slocombe or Aidan Brooks. As a side note I generally don’t agree with clubs signing players when there’s no manager in place. That’s just my personal opinion.

• Like 4

I’m truly whelmed by this signing. I’ve seen nothing overly positive about him, a lot of negative though, but will take that with a pinch of salt and won’t pass judgement until I’ve seen him play.

I suppose he will be OK as he can’t be any worse…. Can he???

• Like 3

I'm sure the recruiters had this guy on the radar when Luke was at Notts. He would have been one of the players on the short list to acquire.

And Luke would have input too on who he wanted.

Let's see if he is selected for Grimsby. That will tell us a lot 

• Like 3

From what I have since read/watched, he looks like a bit of a flapper! That’s all we need with our quality defending under the high ball!

Sending Brooks out on loan again looks like the coaching team obviously don’t think he is better than either Stone or Slocombe. All depends on the level they send him out on loan to, but I don’t hold out much hope of him ever being number 1.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Really pleased with this signing. I know it might be just a game but this has been my go to first loan signing in the past 3 editions of Football Manager. So I hope he's as good for Notts in real life as he has been for me on Football Manager. 

However, you do have to wonder when Tiernan Brooks will be given an opportunity. I read a comment on twitter that made me chuckle with agreement that read something like he'll be 30 and still being sent out on loan to gain experience. It just seems that whenever there's a chance he could grab an opportunity, it's taken away by bringing in a loan goalkeeper that puts him further back in the pecking order. 

• Like 4

I don't think we needed a keeper in all honesty; I believe tightening the defence and the new head coach would be more than enough to get the best out of Aidan Stone and Sam Slocombe.

It just seems like a wasted signing for me, one more of hope and cover if we do need someone else to go in goal.

I hope he proves to be a great signing, but I do feel if we were wanting to strengthen this department we would have signed a keeper on a transfer rather than bring in some young lad on loan. I don't want this to be negative, it's just that I do agree it falls inline with Ollie Tipton.

If he starts against Grimsby, I hope to see glowing comments because we really do need to crack on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chris said:

I don't think we needed a keeper in all honesty; I believe tightening the defence and the new head coach would be more than enough to get the best out of Aidan Stone and Sam Slocombe.

It just seems like a wasted signing for me, one more of hope and cover if we do need someone else to go in goal.

I hope he proves to be a great signing, but I do feel if we were wanting to strengthen this department we would have signed a keeper on a transfer rather than bring in some young lad on loan. I don't want this to be negative, it's just that I do agree it falls inline with Ollie Tipton.

If he starts against Grimsby, I hope to see glowing comments because we really do need to crack on.

It might have the effect of kicking Stone up the backside because he's much better than he's shown us as yet.

• Like 2

I don't think Jim will be the person to drop Aidan Stone for a loanee. I also believe that when we hire a manager, he will value experience and probably try to bring Sam Slocombe back into the fold more. I doubt he will be given the chance to sign a better replacement, and I think this lad and Tiernan Brooks are far from being ready to start regularly. It's a bit of a lacklustre signing.

• Like 1

Stone is not good at distributing, a key Notts area, he cannot command his area well, and he's just average at shot stopping.

They will probably keep with Stone for the next 5 important matches, but afterwards there needs to be a rethink. Either change the way Notts play out from the back most of the time, or change the goalie to someone  who will be comfortable with our existing playing style.

We’ve got two new players, but no centre back yet. Maybe the club thinks the new manager will alter the formation? I’d like a CB to join, but it might take time. Luca Ashby Hammond might have to wait for his debut, but I hope it proves his signing was wise. Otherwise, it could end up like the Ollie Tipton territory.